Hi everyone,

i googled "gastritis recipes" and found very little.
Does anyone know of a good website or book that has recipes suitable for gastritis sufferers?
Or if anyone has a good recipe, would you mind posting it?

Thank you!

Kate
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sybil
|

replied July 18th, 2005
I don't know of any specific recipes but I know that my husband suffers from gastritis and loves pasta. So, in order to fix his favorite foods without making him "suffer" for it, any time I cook a tomato-based sauce, I add in a tablespoon of sugar to help counteract the acid in the tomatoes. It helps him a lot and he never has a problem now after spaghetti or lasagna. You may want to try looking up foods that can cause gastritis symptoms and see what you find. You may be able to locate ways to counteract those foods and should be able to alter recipes accordingly. Good luck.
|

replied August 26th, 2010
The only way to end gastritis is eradicating Helicobacter Pylori. Maybe a treatment with strong antibiotics can work but it can to cause secondary damages. The University of Kyoto has proven than a natural product (citratus) kills the bacterium in only two weeks without secondary effects and many friends have tried it with great results. Blessings. Sady
|

replied August 30th, 2011
Not all people who suffer from gastritis have H. Pylori. I have never had a parasite & suffer from gastritis, IBS & heartburn. (now for 2 1/2 years) My best advice is to talk to a licensed acupuncturist who is also a Chinese herbalist. They may alter your diet for a period of weeks to months (in taking out foods that your belly can't process as easily) to allow you time to heal. Traditional Chinese Medicine has been around for more than 1,000 years - I was quite possibly the biggest critic until I tried it and have seen results in less than two weeks. Seriously, give it a try!!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...