Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Andemetriosis And Urinary Incontinence

I was diagnosed with andemetriosis last week. Was having problems with my menses for the last 10 to 12 years. Tried all the pills, had a dnc, laproscopy and the endometrial ablation. Still the pain got worse, the bleeding heavier and irregular. Also between the endometrial ablation and the ademetriosis have both mishapened my uterus. A couple of years ago (post endometrial ablation) I started the urinary incontinence. I asked my gyn if the mishapened uterus was putting pressure on the bladder he said no.

So it has been decide to do a fully hysterectomy (uterus, ovaries, the works) and surgery for the urinary incontinence at the same time vaginally, next month.

Just wondering if anybody has had similiar experience. Oh by the way, I am peri menopause.

Thanks for any input.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 19th, 2005
Re: Hysterectomy
Hi! My name is cindy and I have endometriosis, in need of complete hysterectomy? But they can't do a vaginal hysterectomy, afraid of damaging the bladder. Anyway I maybe possibily be facing a bowel resection and colostemy. Which scared me to death. I had ascheduled surgery but post poned it because they just decided to run this by me 3 days before surgery, which I thought was a crock . I thought me and my doctor was more open then that. Boy! If they did not spring a surprise on me.
When is your surgery? I wish you the best of luck. And if you need anyone to talk to i'll be around. Bye!
Sincerely,cindy
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Just thought I would ask, have you both sought other opinions? I had a complete hysterectomy (abdominal) due to cancer and I have had several surgeries and my hysterectomy is the best surgery I ever had but I still got other opinions. I do wish you both luck!
|

replied July 19th, 2005
Re:hysterectomy Reply
Hi! Thanks for the reply,it is well appreciated,no I have had no other opinions from any other doctors. What kind of surgeries have you had aside the hysterectomy? I have been thinking about another opion.

Sincerely,cindy
|

replied July 20th, 2005
Re: Second Opinion
Hi cindy and sandy,
thanks for the replies.
I have sought other opinions, I have also done my research over the internet and talking to other women with similiar or same experiences. The doctor who did my laproscopy and such was the only one to order the uterine sonogram last march, but because of seeing a urologist my follow up wasn't until last week when I got the results of the sonogram. He suspected andomyosis and the sonogram confirmed it. We did discuss other alternatives but found the hysterectomy was the best way to go. Just before my followup, my cycle took a new twist. Come on twice in one month then skip a month. So I had another pap and a biopsy because of the new irregular bleeding. Fun wow.
Haven't heard anything yet, so this could be a good thing. My surgery is on august 23 and because of everything i've gone through over the years and the increasing pain I can't wait. I also have an appointment before surgery to discuss post surgery and how to deal with the menopause I will be going into.

Cindy I do advise you to seek other opinions the bowel resectioning and colostemy sound abit extreme too me. How bad is your endometriosis. Can they do a laproscopy to clear it up or is there too much to do that?
My sister had endometriosis and had the laproscopy done about 5 years ago and has had no symptons since. Let me know how it goes.
|
Must Read
Urinary continence is loss of bladder control. What happens during this condition? And what types of bladder incontinence do doctors diagnose?...
Learn more about the many medical conditions that can cause loss of bladder control. Also, are you at risk of incontinence and losing bladder control?...
Learn the different between symptoms of incontinence vs. an overactive bladder. And know when to seek help for both medical conditions....