I am male, 15 years old and have been stressed for about one and a half years.
4 months ago I started getting chest pains and a tingling in my left arm so I went to the hospital, where they did an ecg and chest x-ray and said everything was fine.
However for the past 2 months things have been becoming more severe and I get severe palpitations and don't seem to be able to excercise/ run
without getting dizzy, lightheaded and haveing these palpitations.
(it's not a very fast heart rate, it just feels like it's beating too hard)
do you think this can be caused by anxiety since I am constantly worrying about my heart, or do you think that constant anxiety/stress can cause heart disease etc...?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2005
Does it feel like you heart is beating irregularly and that it is beating out of your chest? I have had anxiety for a long time,and I have also had heart palpitations,i had to wear a halter monitor for 48hrs and they did not detect anything at all,then a year later I went back and did it again and this time they diagnosed a heart murmur.Do you smoke? Smoking makes it worse I have noticed and also the hot weather,i am always better during winter,also when I stress it can start it happening,the other day I was helping my sister move and just lifting things up and down the stairs started me off.It is a scarey feeling,but I am told that it is nothing to worry about,the only time they had to do something because I have a heart murmur is when I had kids I was put on a drip with anti biotics to stop infection.Dont worry,if I was you I would go back to your doctor and ask him if you could wear a halter monitor for 48 hrs they are hard to detect with a short test.
|

replied July 15th, 2005
Getting Worse?
:idea:
go to your doctor and have a c.B.C blood workup. There could be a combination of problems going on. Also change your diet.

No caffine (includes soda, tea, coffee- fda says a company can label thier products caffine free but still contain up to 30% caffine) try juice, flavored water, or even milk shakes.

No fryed food - of any kind (includes potatoe chips, battered fish, please aviod fast food).

No oils - of any kind. This includes salad dressings, mayonase, and margerine.

Keep a close eye on your blood count tests.
|

replied July 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks for the replies...

I have an appointment booked with a paediatrician next month,
but it's just too long a wait.

I just want to live again instead of spending every day worrying
constantly and feeling like this.
|

replied July 16th, 2005
:(

do not forget to change your diet starting today.

Remember:

no fryed foods
no sugar
no oils or fat of any kind
especially no caffine

i know it will be hard to adhere but you must try harder. You can only feel better by doing so.
|

replied July 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Ok, I went to a&e (er) again, just got back and they did an ecg and
blood tests and they were fine.

I guess I just have to wait for the appointment with the peadiatrition...
|

replied July 16th, 2005
Experienced User
I hope it goes well. Stress can make your heart do funny things. I went to the er because of it and they said it was stress. But it's scary.
|

replied July 16th, 2005
Dont Worry, I Have the Same Thing
Hey look I have the same thing I get palpitations, skiped bits and every kind of weird thing on my heart and my left arm hurts all the time and even more after I have a panic attack which is my problem I suffer from panic disorder and I get very anxoius thinking i'm going to have a heart attack so I know how you feel, I have had holter, ekg, blood tests and every thing out there and they have been ok so far I just had another one last week i'm waiting on the results hopefully it will be ok. I whish you the best and dont worry I know that is anxiety.
|

replied July 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Wow me to, look whenever I get scared or get an adrenaline ruish my heart palpatates for like 5 seconds sometimes longer then goes away, it usually happens when I see sopmeone who im not cool with or from panic,
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...