User Profile
Is eating spicey foods okay while pregnant? I was out for dinner yesterday night and ordered ministroni soup and pasta, and I love to put hot pepper flakes into both of them (i love spicey foods) and my mom said to be careful and only put in a itty bitty ammount.

I'm going to be so dissapointed lol if I can't eat my hot foods!

Kimmie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Spicy foods are fine. It's just near the end of pregnancy when most people get bad heartburn that people just don't want to eat spicy foods. I had such bad heartburn for the last 2 months of my pregnancy that it would wake me up.
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Oh good, thanks!!
|

replied August 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Think spicey foods depends on the person.

I'm about a two months and two weeks pregnant. Made some chicken this weekend and went a lil overboard on spices.

It didn't settle well with me, heartburn/upset stomach. I don't think it really hurts the baby just think it made me feel kinda sick.

I'm sure everyone is different though.

Fried or greasy foods make me feel sick as well.
|

replied August 9th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I ate spicy foods all through my pregnancy, and didn't have a lick of heartburn..I guess I was a lucky one.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...