Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Getting Dizzy When Standing Up

Anyone get dizzy when they stand up real fast, I herd alot of people mention this symptom on a diffrent site. It seems whenver I read about something it will happen to me.I used to get sharp head pains alot and I havnt got one for a few months now because I havnt been thinking about them...Now I bet ill start getting them again because im thinking about it right now ;x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 13th, 2005
??
What other stress symptoms do you get? My headaches been going away but a few weird feelings that go through my head not sharp quick pains....And now my neck and back are so tight on and off during the day that laying down or standing still it hurts...Feels strained..I think I create some of these symptoms from worrying that I might have like...Brain aneurysms...I started reading and now I feel like I could get it? What other kind of anxiety do you get and what helps you rid those fears
|

replied July 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I know what u meen about the weird feelings in your head and I especially know what its like to worry non stop about an anurysm, alot of times stuff like that is hereditary. But I know what u meen about the weird feelings and pains in your head. I also get a stiff neck alot to. The only reason we worry about all this is because we have anxiety. Anyways if u wanna talk on messenger or somethin pm me
|

replied July 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Mannnnn, I have these every single day without fail. I am currently on work experience here in uk before I break up for the summer. I have noticed that when I was working on trucks, and soing something practical, it makes me feel a little better because I am not constantly thinking about it, but it does not go completely. My headaches and head pains are the worst for me at the moment, it is not necessarily headaches today, I can feel my pulse in my head, almost like the blood is being squeezed through my head, and then I can feel it flowing all around my face. Its horrible, and guess what im worrying about now...? A blood clot that will lead onto an aneurysm...

James
|

replied July 14th, 2005
Experienced User
I finnal got a job, its helping alot. The key is to keep your mind occupied 24/7. We can help each other, im not sayin thisjust to make u feel better but either of us havin an anurysm at our age is very rare, they mostly happen in elderly people
|

replied August 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Hypo do you ever get blacking of the vision when standing up too fast?
Like when you feel lightheaded and your vision goes black for a few seconds?
I think dizziness when getting up too fast is called postural hypotension
which is when your blood pressure can't adjust quickly enough to standing up...
I think it's normal if it happens occasionaly...Maybe it happens more often if you have anxiety, that seems to happen with me
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...