Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

How Much Weight Could I Lose?

I know this is very short notice, but I need to lose weight in 3 weeks as I would like to look better in a fancy dress costume that does expose my calves and knees. I know it may sound silly but I just need this confidence to wear this outfit.
I am exercising everyday for 40 minutes and I drink 2/3 litres of water and I am eating 3 meals a day.
In 3 weeks how much do you think I should approximately lose?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper IAmAnonymous
|

replied July 13th, 2005
Math
You can look up your brm, basal metabolic rate and calculate how many calories you burn under normal circumstance, add in exercise

let's say that's 3,000 calories per day
if you're only eating say 2,000 calories per day, then you're at a 1,000 cpd deficit, and since it takes 3,500 calorie deficit to lose one pound of body fat, then it will take you (conceivably) 3.5 days to lose one pound, or about 2 pounds per week

you can expedite this only up to a point by eating less because your metabolism slows significantly, but you can counter this by exercising because then it cannot be so slow

so, if you really need to lose weight, eat some protein, green vegetables, take vitamins/minerals and calcium, drink a lot of ice water, and exercise a lot...This is about the fastest you can go, maintaining protein intake and exercise may protect from some muscle wasting
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....