Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Flat Chested (Page 1)

Im really flat chested and i havent started my period yet. I was wondering if any one out there can give me advice on anything i can do , or eat or buy. Im 16 and depredded with it all and need support. Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper XxCharlottexX
|

replied August 2nd, 2003
hi im 14 and 2 developed ofr my age. I got my period when i was in fifth grade and i never had a training bra. in the third grade i went straight into a a-b cup and now i am a 34-D and miserable. Girl im tellin u now enjoy it while u can cuz im only 5feet even and wiegh 105lbs. and my boobs are still growing. im tellin u now ENJOY IT WHILE U STILL CAN. besides stuff like this is usually genetic. did yur mom go through that same problem?
|

replied August 3rd, 2003
no she didnt go through it.I dont know any one that has. I want something that can help me.I want to b bigger.
|

replied August 6th, 2003
Experienced User
Eke
Whoa
|

replied August 10th, 2003
Experienced User
Check with your local bathing suit specialty store or lengerie store for gel inserts (if they dont have them, the store should be able to refer you somewhere that sells them). A lot of fitness models I know use them, and most of the time, you cannot tell that they have added anything to their bathing suites because everything looks natural (and proportioned!) I also agree with the water bar option, although from personal experience, those things are a pain in the ass and heavy!

Hope this helps Smile
|

replied August 15th, 2003
Experienced User
I'm a guy, and to me, size doesn't really matter. Love yourself for who you are, and accept the way your body is, because that's not what's important.

Patrick
|

replied October 1st, 2003
patrick b. Asay wrote:
i'm a guy, and to me, size doesn't really matter. Love yourself for who you are, and accept the way your body is, because that's not what's important.

Patrick

i'm a male as well and could not agree more
|

Extremely eHealthy
You do not want a bigger chest! I should know, im a 36 d and its all guys stare at. Well out here anyways. I mean they dont even want to talk to you, its like they were talking to my chest! It was a total turn off when guys tell me, you hive a nice chest or something like that. My husband didnt notice that about me at first (good thing) because I had all black and it was night when we met and he wasnt into my chest at all. Now he is, but still its not about your body, you should be happy. What size are you now? My two sisters are small and me and one other is big, im bigger though and they make jokes on it and I make jokes back. They are happy and so am i. Andrea is like a b I think and she goes without a bra and says shes a model (how they never wear bras) and goes like that. She calls them "model breasts." its funny but it doesnt matter. You can get a water bra or padded bra or shirts that make you look hot without noticing your chest. Just try it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Don't Be Depressed...
Hunny, it's probably better that you didn't develop early, I got my period when I was 9 and it was totally scarey and disgusting. And I had breast at 8, they're small now well i'm a 36 b but it wasn't anything to brag about then...I felt acward and men starred at me. Just give it time you'll fill out.

Best wishes,

jennifer Laughing
|

replied October 16th, 2003
Experienced User
I think everyone is missing the point - if you are 16 and haven't started your period, I think you have bigger issues than just your breast size. Girls should have their period by the time they are 16 and if they don't it can be indicitive of a hormonal problem (a friend of mine had this problem). You really should talk to your mom and go to a doctor. You will want to find out from the doctor if everything is ok with you. Its possible you are just a late bloomer but you need to make sure that there isn't something that is causing the delay in you starting your periods. As for your breast size, I know you think its a big deal but really its not. If it makes you feel better then go out and buy yourself a padded bra. Personally, I am a 34a and while I think it would be nice to be a bit bigger, I find it to be more embarassing to wear a padded bra (and have someone find out) than just to wear a regular one and be small chested. But if it makes you feel better and more confident and comfortable with your body, by all means get a padded bra. But its very important that you go to the doctor and make sure that everything is ok with your body. Should there be a problem, it will be easier to deal with it now instead of later down the road when you are trying to have children. Don't stress over it all too much, just get checked out and you'll feel a lot better. Smile good luck Smile
|

replied December 13th, 2008
Dont worry about the size of your breasts, and not starting a period yet. As a guy the main things i like about a girl is to have a friendly attitude, can laugh at toilet humor, and has a good appetite (i like it when girls eat good food, i like it for some reason!).
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: Flat Chested
chatterbox1607 wrote:
Im really flat chested and i havent started my period yet. I was wondering if any one out there can give me advice on anything i can do , or eat or buy. Im 16 and depredded with it all and need support. Embarassed

Ok, I know there is a few things about social consideration that everyone is addressing. You can start your period really late and not have your breasts fill out too. This may be because of genetics or some other issue. Have you talked to your mom, sisters, or aunts about this? You may notice a pattern if it is genetics. Some girls just bloom later than others. Some will be small and some big because that is their genetic makeup.

If you are sporty, you might consider the fact that high exercise sports may delay hormonal development, just as they might impede periods when someone who normally has them takes on athletics.

You might want to visit an gynecologist since you are over the age of 16, which is when periods show up at their latest. Remember that you can become pregnant before you're periods even start if you are having sex at this time.

Just remember that if guys or girls only notice your physicality and not you for who you are, they aren't worth it. Best of luck!
|

replied July 28th, 2009
hi, im 16, had my period since i was 13, and im pretty flat chested too, you havent had your period yet, so its not surprising that your flat chested, maybe talk to you doctor about why you havent gotten your period yet, but dont stress, some people are just late bloomers. LIKE ME! my boobs are growing VERY slowly, but I can tell theyre growing. Just give it time, try to find things you like about your body, even though im sure your sick of hearing it, its REALLY important to love your body and who you are.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
I can really relate to you, chatterbox1607. I'm nearly 16, pretty flat chested, and only started my periods late last year. Part of my problem was weight. A woman has to be a certain weight for her menstrual cycle to kick in. I cannot tell your weight through a computer screen, obviously, so thats just something to consider. I was very thin, with a bad diet. As soon as I gained some weight, and began to eat a healthy balanced diet, nature took over. If you are really that worried about the period side of things, go and see a doctor. It will put your mind at rest.
As for the boobs, I see why you get upset. I'm a aa-cup, and so often feel self conscious about going out, especailly around guys. But, at the end of the day, we get given what we're given. And I know that that sometimes sucks, but we can't change it. Some people are just naturally small chested. Like me. I'm slowly learning to accept that I'll never be a double D, but that doesn't mean my life will be worse off. Besides, look at the catwalk models. Whilst I don't agree with the whole anorexic thing they seem to have going on, they are nearly all flat chested with a boy like frame, and look how successful and lusted after they are! This may not help you feel better right now, but just look around. Everyone is different. I have a problem with my chest. My best friend has a problem with her bum. My mum has stomach issues. There are short people, large people, thin people, tall people and a whole manner of other people on this earth, and the sooner we learn to accept that everyone is different, but still equal, the sooner this place will be better to live on. Smile
I hope I've kind of helped. If you ever feel down, PM me.
Lauren. x
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Flat chested
Hey im nearly 14 and getting worried because im like the only one in my year who hasnt started Period and im flat chested but my friedns say they are growing but not much so ya know but i still feel really down about myself because everyone is talkig about it and im little so ervyone calls me little lauren;( i know im only 16 but i dont want to be late bloomer and i want to tell my mum but i cant!soif you can help me pls do;(x Cos i feel really depressed about it
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Flat chested
Hey im nearly 14 and getting worried because im like the only one in my year who hasnt started Period and im flat chested but my friedns say they are growing but not much so ya know but i still feel really down about myself because everyone is talkig about it and im little so evryne calls me little lauren;( i know im only 14 soz but i dont want to be late bloomer and i want to tell my mum but i cant!soif you can help me pls do;(x Cos i feel really depressed about it
|

replied August 4th, 2009
I am only 13 but i can kinda tell how you are feeling. I am pretty flat chested but i am the only girl that is going into yr 9 like that. Most days i wake up and think how nice it would be to have more padding but you can't have what you havn't got. I havn't started my period yet either. I just wish i would happen now! It sounds like you have a kind persoality so any propper boy should juts look straigh through your body to who you realy are!
Good luck!
Vicki x
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
im just glad im not the only one!i hsve been round all the girls who have big boobs and everything and i feel so awks because my friends are always li,e my little friend and saying how im older a its tue
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
self concious
im pretty much the exact same .. im nearly 16 and my chest started growing the tinyest bit but has been the same size for years im so flat chested that there isnt even a bra size out there to fit me. i had my first period about a year ago but it isnt at a set pattern yet .. i get so self concious at school because im the only one in my year like this, and especailly being around boys as it is all they ever talk about and alwyas ask me what size i am, i never go swimming..and im always wearing coats and jumpers to cover up.. i dont even want to go to my prom because i know that if i wear a dress everyone will see how flat chested i am .. and i cant tell my mum about it because i find it too embarrassing Sad .. ive just got my first boyfriend and love him to bits its boosted my confidence abit but i really hope that they will grow after so many years of worrying ad waiting so that im no longer self concious.

Xx-ChArLoTtE-xX
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Aw well im sure u will be fine, im just afraid to tell my mum im scared she stared really late
|

replied November 25th, 2009
How tall are you? The start of your period marks the beginning of the end of your growth. Don't worry too much about not getting your period yet, you don't have to worry about pads and tampons. Your breasts will grow once your period starts. Just so you know, all my guy friends, and most guys I know, will agree with this statement: more than a handful is a waste.
|

replied November 25th, 2009
Im 19 healthy and have no boobs. You'll get over it. I work at la senza and have tried on every padded and gel bra. The beyond cleavage gel bra is the best cuz it lays flat even though theres nothing to fill it and you'll get some nice A cups =)
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
im about 1foot 32 so really small annd yeah everyoe like m,y friends have started early ;(
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
aslo i feel rly fat and idk if being short maybe will delay it, cos i keep thinking all boys care about are looks, i have been through alot this past year and been through alot of stress
|
Tags: period
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile