How long can you have a cavity before it gets really bad? I have one, but I havnt gotten it filled in, ive had it for almost 2 years, its sensitive to cold foods and drinks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Since it is so sensitive, why haven't you gone to the dentist? You may want to go soon, because it may be too late, and the dentist may have to pull it. See, a cavity is when acid (mainly from carbs) has been left too long on your teeth and it eventually eats away the enamel on your tooth causing a cavity to form. However, left untreated, this can go on to eat the pulp (make-up of inside the tooth), once this happens, a dentist can't go in to fill it. Basically, you can't reconstruct or fix something that isn't there. Just go to the dentist asap! :)
|

replied March 4th, 2009
i also have what i think is a cavity. i have had bad tooth and jaw ache for about a week now so is it already too late? will i have to have it pulled?
i'm really scared of the dentist, and faint just going for check ups. i'm really worried, please help!
|

replied March 8th, 2010
Definitely get the cavity filled as soon as possible! You don't want to jeopardize your oral health in any way. There are products that contain extra fluoride, which may help to prevent the cavities. My dentist recommended Guide Chewing Gum because it has both fluoride and xylitol.

Good luck!
|

replied March 11th, 2010
Hi Jenn,

I have been using Guide Gum for about 2 months now. My dentist originally recommended it to me because my 2 of my children have more cavities than usual. He also recommended I use the gum because I tend not to drink our fluorinated city water. I definitely recommend you try the gum.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....