Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Is It Mental Or Real Arthritis

I dont know whether I have arthritis or not, i'm 16. I experience pain in my knuckles, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles, and toes. Sometimes pain happens when I think about arthritis pains or talk about it, so I dont know if its just mental. But it really hurts! What should I do, and is this just mental or real arthritis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2007
It's Real
Arthritis can start at any age. Mine started when I was 19 years old. Start taking Osteo-Bi-Flex as soon as possible. Keep your weight down. That will keep from aggravating it. Don't do exercises that are hard on the joints, like running. Do things like swimming. It's not hard on the joints. Drink lots of liquids. You would be surprised how much these little things will help. Keep active, and take care. God bless you.
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
You might also want to be tested to be sure that it's not rheumatoid arthritis...this type of arthritis can come on quickly and you've got to cope with it for life...so better to be educated now.
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Artheritis
Hi child of god. How do you know you have arthristis? What are your symtoms? Did they test you through blood work? Where do you have artheristis at and does it ache or burn any where. Please get back to me Deer.
|

replied July 3rd, 2010
IT'S ABOUT DIET: The solution is simpler than you think. The aches and pains many of us Americans experience are in truth a result of an overly-acidic diet. High acidity causes muscle pain, it's as simple as that. My aches, pains and fatigue have decreased since I started eating a more alkalizing diet and drinking alkalized water.
I regret that I had surgery on my 'osteoarthritic'knee because my knee pain only got worse (and I ended up with deformity).
I wish I had known about the importance of an alkalizing diet BEFORE I put myself under the knife.
|

replied July 6th, 2010
More on athritis
Arthritis can happen to anyone and has no age restrictions. This deadly disease affects children and a lot of young people. Even children who are just 6 months old can be struck by arthritis. It has been surveyed in US that around 75,000 of youngsters are suffering from this disease.
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....