What symptoms scare you the most???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Headaches for me, simply because many serious things can cause it, tumour, ms, and aneurysm to name a few. This is just a few!

James
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Everybody
Everybody's gotta die, why suffer before you have to?
What use is it?
In a way, the best way to go would be to fry in a nuclear attack or get blown up on a subway, you'd never know what hit you...
If you have to go the long way it's the worst...I think a gun could come in handy, or some barbiturates and potassium chloride, as long as there's no life insurance issues, then just drive off of a very big cliff so your loved ones can keep the money...Just a few seconds of scare then it's over
we all end up as stiffs, I guess some people can't stomach that
i'm amazed, watching movies of civil war soldiers marching into battle, to near certain death, the stoic bravery they must've posessed...The view point of life was different, "i regret that I have but one life to give for my country"...Even the mother's duty was to bear sons to die for the republic, as if one life was a vehicle to other's lives, not to be selfishly or hedonistically enjoyed singularly, my how times have changed....At gettysburg alone 57,000 soldiers die in 2 days and now we count each single soldier in iraq, just over 1,700 dead in a year and a half...And though each death is tragic and sad it's also part of life, compared to 5,000 teens who die each year in stupid car accidents, hundreds of cops are shot every month just doing their jobs, construction workers die by the thousands in terrible accidents, and just walking across the street puts one in peril...
Would you say it is better to have joy and greatness in brevity versus tortured longing for longevity? As shelby says in steel magnolias..."i'd rather have 30 seconds of great than a whole lifetime of nothin' special"
well, worrying isn't going to stop the inevitable, better to stop and smell the roses, even if it's just a single rose, than worry if you're going to get to smell more of them I guess
|

replied July 10th, 2005
????
Maybe you dont understand what anxiety is janiesuz. If we could all just stop worrying, that would be great. However, with this condition, its not like we can just say, hey, I am not going to worry anymore. I mean, I say it everyday, but it's very hard to ignore the syptoms when you are a hypo.
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
We would if we could but we cant :{ "why tip toe through life just to arrive at deaths door safely" <- dosnt work for me anymore
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Some Help Here Please?
Okay, im doing this to hopefully find someone out there who is going through what I am.

Ok, about 2 months ago we had a traumatic experience with my step father having to be rushed to the hospital...Etc. Ever since then I hadent been feeling right. I kept thinking something bad like that was going to happen to me. I didnt feel myself, I was feeling lightheaded, passing out. So I went to the doctors and had a physical done. My doctor said nothing was wrong and it was all stress related from what happened to my step dad. But she ordered me to have blood work done. Results came back with everything being fine. Yet, I still worried. I felt this sense of off balance (just not feeling right.) I was doing okay for a while then I started having pains in my chest, and of course I constantly worried about that. Well this went on for a while (off balance, chest pains, palpatations) and my mom called the doctor and she said it would be a waste of time to come in because was I needed was to get mental help. I am still worried, I keep having these muscle twitches, tingling feelings all over my body (not all the time) sometimes pains in my neck. Of course ive been reading up on everything possible and thinking I have something horrible. But all this has occurred after this traumatic experience. Until then, ive felt like a normal 15 year old boy. Someone please help reassure me that im not dying.

Thanks so much
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I have had every symptom you've described at one point or another in my experience with anxiety. The chest pains and muscle twitches were what worried me the most at the time. Since you are 15 I would bet it's the stress and anxiety.

To answer the original quesion posted by gazza:right now what scares me the most are chest pains and dizziness and high heart rate.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...