Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Whiteness Around the Mouth - Dry Skin

Hi all,

my wife this morning after arising had a white powdery looking appearance at both sides of her mouth. I had noticed it before but this time it was really pronounced, and at a closer look her skin looked very dry especially at the top of her nose and on the fore head.

She has been an asthmatic since a young girl (now in her early 50's) and is allergic to dust mites, doesn't drink or smoke.

Hoping you can shed some light on this subject, thanks,
maxum
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2003
Experienced User
I have heard that the white stuff that accumulates in the corners of your mouth is due to dehydration. It would make sense, especially if she is also having problems with dry skin. I don't know if this is the cause of your wife's problems but it would be nice and a cheap remedy if a couple extra glasses of water cured it Smile good luck Smile
|

replied November 18th, 2003
Whiteness Around the Mouth - Dry Skin
Thanks floridagirl

i bought her some microgenetics cod liver oil with vitamins a & d3 hoping this helps the problem.

Regards,
maxum Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....