On friday I took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive! I couldn't get into the doctors office until next monday. What should I expect? I'm scared to death that he will say i'm not pregnant. I certainly have all symptoms. Is it normal to honestly be overwelmingly tired? I could sleep all the time if I could. And my boobs are sooo sore. It hurst to have my bra on. How long do these symptoms last? Any advice for the first few months of prenancy?
J
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Congratulations jlong,

you certainly are experiencing pregnancy symptoms, and yes it is very normal to be overwhelmingly tired. In fact, that is one of the most common symptoms, as well as sore boobs, frequent urination and nausea. How long the symptoms last all depend on you and your body, everyone is completely different. With this pregnancy I had all the symptoms, and they all disappeared at about 12 weeks, apart from the frequent urination. That is still happening now at 15 weeks. Like I said everyone is different, I know other pregnant women who are still having morning sickness at 26 weeks. Again congratulations, you sound really happy.

Suzy
|

replied November 18th, 2003
Thanks suzy, I see your replies on a lot of these questions, your advice is always helpful. You are very informed! Congradulations to you, are you in your second trimester yet? I feel so perinoid, did you feel that way? I'm hoping once I go to the doctor I will feel more relaxed and it will really seem "real"!! Thank you for your advice and suuport, very helpful!
Jenn
|

replied November 19th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi jenn,

yes I am in my second trimester now thank goodness. Yes during the first trimester I was very paranoid, as I had a miscarriage in may of this year. So this pregnancy has been a constant concern for us. I find that visits to the doctor always make me feel better, my last visit especially as our doc put a microphone type gadget to my abdomen and we actually got to hear the babys heartbeat over a loud speaker. She said that as long as she can hear bubbys heartbeat in the second trimester, then everything is going just fine. So finally after weeks and weeks of worrying, we can now rest assured that we are in the safe zone now.

Good luck jenn, I wish you well.

Suzy
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...