Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety Stress By Mononucleosis

Hi I would like to know if mono (viral infecction) make you feel anxiety stress, high blood pressure, short of breath, or its my throut close and blocking my air waves and I am not able to breath right thank you .
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper antoniot
|

replied July 8th, 2005
Experienced User
I suggest you rad up about mono on the net
|

replied October 10th, 2009
I'm pretty sure it could. I had mono in the fourth grade (now I'm a sophmore and its too diffulcult to be in sports) and have all but the stomache pain. I've had exrays to see what has been causing chest pain, plenty of heart tests, like echocardiograms and crap. But a girl my mom works with just asked if i have had mono, which brightened my day I'm possibly diagnosed, and said i could have a possibly post virus from mono, ask your Dr. about it and see what they say, hope you get well, I know what your going through! God be with you.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
Antoniot-

You are describing my daughters symptoms exactly. She has had mono for 3 weeks and that is what she says is happening to her. Anxiety sets in when she feels she cannot breath.
|
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...