Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Symptoms After Artificial Insemination (Page 1)

Hi, i'm brand new here...Looking on the web for early pregnancy symptoms. I have secondary infertility--isn't that where your hubby is the one with the problems, not you? Anyway,that's our deal--doctor said we just needed to get enuf good sperm up where it was needed and I had 75% chance of getting pregnant. So, after charting my cycle since january, and with physical symptoms and use of my trusty ovulite, we did the artificial insemination on days 12, 14 and 16 of my cycle. Today is day 24, so i'm due for my period in 2-4 days. Here are my symptoms:
literally within about 4 days of insemination my breasts starting being very tender and sore to the touch and they feel heavy. I usually have a small amount of breast tenderness pre-period but nothing like this. Also, some minor cramping that feels like a period coming. I'm hungry all the time which is odd for me, but no nausea yet. I had a very small amount of dark brown spotting yesterday and just now, tonight just the smallest pink tinge of blood on the toilet paper. Not sure if this is implantation spotting or not. I'm also ummmmm unusually interested in sex in the last couple of days :oops: lol. I took a hpt yesterday and it showed negative, but I know that some are better than others and that it could still be a bit early. No more tired than usual, yet. I also have a lot of gas and heartburn that I don't normally have. I know these are all symptoms but it seems early to be having them....?
Do these sound like pregnancy symptoms or is it all in my head and in my desire to be pregnant?
Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper HBWife
|

replied September 19th, 2009
Funny! I was inseminated about 5 days ago and our symptoms are similiar! Gas, hungry all the time, bit of blood. Interesting. I was hoping these were symptoms for a baby coming!
|

replied October 12th, 2009
artificial insemination waiting process.
hi there to both of you. i`ve also just had artificial insemination done and i have the EXACT symptoms except for the spotting. i also dont know if its my desire to be pregnant or if its the real deal. i also did the test four days after and it turned out to be negative but i know it could be early cause i was advised to test after 14 days.

but can anyone respond to us. are these symptoms normal? should we not worry? should we wait for the 14 days? i`m so anxious.
|

replied June 17th, 2010
good luck with your pregnancy
i read all what you wrote,im 36y old i just had the first time artificial insamination i had for two days real severe pains sharp like some one is stabing me then i took tylenol it got better but still my lower back hurts and i feel wierd my nipls also hurts when i touch them im supose to wait two weeks the doctor said to know the result
|

replied August 23rd, 2010
Are these early signs of pregnancy?
Hi everyone,

I was insemenated 5 days ago...I have some of your symptoms as well. I experienced cramping for 2 days straight and now I am EXTREMELY hungry all of the time. I do not have any nipple soreness at this time, but always have a little big of cramping in my stomach and this constant hunger is so rare for me. I also notice when I go walking I am very, very thirsty and start cramping in my side. I have been trying for 20 months so I really hope these are good signs, but once again don't want to read into too much.
|

replied November 1st, 2010
artificial insemination
hey ladies..i see this post was august already..did any of you get any positive results..i went for the same thing for the past 2 days(sat & sun)..had a small sign of blood,kinda like a drop while peeing and then it was kinds pinkish when i wiped..no cramps or anything..i really hope this is good news for everyone whom responded?
|

replied November 1st, 2010
artificial insemination
hey ladies..i see this post was august already..did any of you get any positive results..i went for the same thing for the past 2 days(sat & sun)..had a small sign of blood,kinda like a drop while peeing and then it was kinds pinkish when i wiped..no cramps or anything..i really hope this is good news for everyone whom responded?
|

replied January 25th, 2011
Artificial Insemination Symptoms
I have all of your symptoms after the artificial insemination and it did not result in pregnancy the first time. I think these are all symptoms of both the hormones and the procedure. I had a small amount of spotting, breast tenderness, cramping, sharp pains in ovaries, hunger, and found out I was not pregnant. I do not think you can tell one way or another from these symptoms if you are pregnant. The only sure fire way to know is to wait 14 days after your insemination and test. I am going through the symptoms again as I am on my second cycle of insemination but hope for a better outcome. I wish you ladies luck.
|

replied October 5th, 2011
Artificial Insemination
Hi - thanks for your post in January. I went yesterday for my 1st bout of AI and have had cramping all night. Feels like my period is coming, except its not possible. So imagine it is merely ovulation occurring. Please can you tell me if you have fallen pregnant and what the early symptoms were for you? I know that my chances are only around 30% for it working, so was wondering if its silly to be so hopeful, except I can't help myself! I'm 40 this month and am running out of time. Thanks.
|

replied January 25th, 2011
Artificial Insemination Symptoms
I have all of your symptoms after the artificial insemination and it did not result in pregnancy the first time. I think these are all symptoms of both the hormones and the procedure. I had a small amount of spotting, breast tenderness, cramping, sharp pains in ovaries, hunger, and found out I was not pregnant. I do not think you can tell one way or another from these symptoms if you are pregnant. The only sure fire way to know is to wait 14 days after your insemination and test. I am going through the symptoms again as I am on my second cycle of insemination but hope for a better outcome. I wish you ladies luck.
|

replied March 15th, 2011
artificial insamination
Hi, I just had the first time artificial insamination for two week ago. I dont have all of your symptoms after the artificial insemination. As what doctor say all ladies have different symptoms. Some of them will not have any symptoms. Depend on their conditions.
Will try to test it tonight. Hope that will have good news soon or later. Good luck to all ladies. Smile
|

replied April 22nd, 2011
hi guys i had the insemination done last friday i done a test this morning and this afternoon both come bck negative but yet again i was told to do it 14 days after but you know what us women r like lol. ive been getting pains down below like its my period starting and getting ains in my lower back my breasts hurt but again they normally hurt when im due on. Smile
|

replied April 22nd, 2011
hi guys i had the insemination done last friday i done a test this morning and this afternoon both come bck negative but yet again i was told to do it 14 days after but you know what us women r like lol. ive been getting pains down below like its my period starting and getting ains in my lower back my breasts hurt but again they normally hurt when im due on. Smile
|

replied June 5th, 2011
Early sign's of pregnancy after artificial insemination
I had insemination done the day before yesterday, I period like cramps last night, hoping that it's worked, I have 2 teenage son's and now I'm ready to do it all again and have another child, I don't remember any symptoms this early on with my first 2 pregnancy's, although that was 12 years ago and they were concieved naturally and weren't planned, really hope it's a girl this time round, but it doesen't really matter, fingers crossed I'm pregnant.
|

replied June 5th, 2011
I had insemination done the day before yesterday, I period like cramps last night, hoping that it's worked, I have 2 teenage son's and now I'm ready to do it all again and have another child, I don't remember any symptoms this early on with my first 2 pregnancy's, although that was 12 years ago and they were concieved naturally and weren't planned, really hope it's a girl this time round, but it doesen't really matter, fingers crossed I'm pregnant.
|

replied February 26th, 2012
artificial insemination sympthoms on me
hi gud evening every one
i did AI 21 days ago,and i took pregnancy test 14days after AI and it's show negative,but my ob-gyne took ultrasound vaginal and there's a processing baby,and im preganant my ob-gyne said but im thinking why im still negative,i have all the sympthons like all of you.and im going to take pregnancy test later when i wake up.
|

replied August 8th, 2012
Negative result
Wait the 14 days until. Loos work and sonograms or do it the day before Remember your taking hormone shots so the test can show negative
|

replied September 30th, 2012
Artifitial insemination
Hi I was just inseminated these past Wednesday and Friday. I suffer from endometryosis, so I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years. I also have a daughter of 7 years old back in the old days whenit was easy to get pregnant.I have had a lot of cramping in the lower and weardly in the upper part of my stomach. I have been urinating more frequently now, like every 2 to 3 hours, hungry more often too.I was wondering if these bad cramping are related to pregnancy symptoms or my period that is coming?
|

replied September 30th, 2012
Artifitial insemination
Hi I was just inseminated these past Wednesday and Friday. I suffer from endometryosis, so I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years. I also have a daughter of 7 years old back in the old days whenit was easy to get pregnant.I have had a lot of cramping in the lower and weardly in the upper part of my stomach. I have been urinating more frequently now, like every 2 to 3 hours, hungry more often too.I was wondering if these bad cramping are related to pregnancy symptoms or my period that is coming?
|

replied March 3rd, 2013
Hi I was inseminated 11 days ago. Doctor said i should wait 18 days b4 testing,But i had all the signs- gas,sore breast and now cramping with blood.Please hope this isn't menses? Am realy worried cause i need a baby like seriously.
|

replied December 17th, 2013
Hi
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...