Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Please Help!! Is It Possible??!

Alright my last birth control pill for the month was last saturday
and my boyfriend and I had sex on sunday, we used a condom and it didnt break and he pulled out before he came.
My period hasnt come yet so im paranoid
whats wrong with me?? Is it possible that im pregnant?

I also take medications for my ear infection
and I think ones an antibiotic, not sure
ive been taking birth control for over 7 months or so now
help?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2005
I bet you're fine. Not sure what you could do right now though. Did you miss any pills during this past month? Because you can get pregnant if you do, especially during the time that you're ovulating (days 10-14 starting from the first day of your last period).

Also, a doctor friend of mine mentioned that there are two main types of birth control pills 1) those like ortho tri cylen and 2) those that are like mini-pills. If you take a pregnancy test while you're on the pills that are like ortho try-cylen the test will return positive because this type of pill makes your body thinks it's pregnant by excreting a pregnancy hormone (hcg I think)....Which will cause you to produce more muscus to plug up your cervix.

But all in all, I bet you're ok.
|

replied July 1st, 2005
I havent missed any pills whatsoever this whole month
and I took all of them at night, maybe not at the same exact time but around it. Never took em during the day, just always at night

i talked to my mom about even and she thinks ill be okay
but im worrying. I am going away to hawaii this weekend so if I did
get a test it wouldnt be until I got back and how weird would it be
for my mom to get me a test lol.

Im scarrred. Im only 15.
|

replied July 1st, 2005
The best thing to do (although it may be hard) is not to worry or stress about it because that may delay your period also....I think you will be fine....Condoms are 97% protection and birth control pills are like either 98 or 97% just dont stress
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Hello these girls come to get serious advice, not to get their heads bitten off.
Im sure these girls are aware of the consequences and are taking birth control to try and prevent these consequences.

This is a support forum, not a lecture forum
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I completly agree, that wasnt neccesary, and how could you call sex irresponsible? It is not, its a form of pleasure between a couple, being in love with someone and being sexually intimate is not irresponsible, not using protection is being irresponsible, and she is on birth control and using condoms, shes being far from irresponsible and there is nothing wrong with her having sex with her boyfriend like anyone else has the right to!
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
And I can assure you, the last thing girls are probably thinking when they have an abortion is being a slut.
These girls have to take into consideration wether they can look after a child or not and if they're ready to.

Yeah sure there is adoption, but what if a girl isn't ready to be pregnant?
Pregnancy is a big thing and you have to give up so much just to be pregnant.
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Well yeah ok this girl knows the consequences, but I still dont think at 15 she should have to put up with the consequences when she has tried to prevent it.
|

replied July 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Ok well you know what, I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

I think we should really find out if this girl is pregnant first before we state our opinions,

i think thats a better solution than !**@! about her huh?
|

replied July 11th, 2005
I just got back from hawaii today.
I actually told my boyfriend that I hadnt gotten my period before we left and he was worried but I think his worrying has decreased over the last week at least thats what hes said.
My mom still thinks im alright and I asked to get a test and she said we'd see in about two weeks when im spose to get my period this month and if it doesnt come we're going to get a test.
Oh god, please pray for me :( please please please.
This certainly does change mine and my boyfriend's opinion on having sex and weve decided not to do it for awhile, its too risky.
Ive been trying not to think of it lately.
Its so hard. :(
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
If you people used a condom, its highly unliklely that you can get pregnant. I agree with one of the person above, it seems you are having problems due to the birth control pills that you have been using.
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
I don't think your old enough to have sex. And im not saying that because im a prude. Im saying that because i've been having sex since I was 15. But I regret it. I really hate this because I sound like my mom but im going to say it anyway. Sometimes you think your in love but its really infatuation. I realize that now but at 15 I couldn't. Its good you are being responsable though. Its also good you have a supporting mother. And as for the woman who keeps talking about odds. You used protection so odds are you wouldn't get pregnant. Be strong. I got pregnant when I was 16. I was also with a not so great guy. But everything works out in the end. Just remember that.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...