Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Head Pressure-hoping Someone Can Help Me!

Ive had this really awful head pressure for the last few weeks that seems to come and go in severity and always comes with a really bad pressure in my ears(like im decending in a plane).It feels like my head is swollen/heavy but yet no actual pain.....It makes me really vague and always seems worse around the evening.But yet it comes on at anytime of the day/night.

Im not sure if its connected in any way but I have also been experiencing a really tight feeling in my neck-straight down from my chin to my collarbone.Its as if im being strangled and breathing is waaay harder.

Im going to see a neurologist but no appintments are available for a while and was hoping someone may have some ideas in the meantime?

I have had a ct scan and theres nothing imminently serious to be worrying about-its more of just a life quality issue....Its starting to really upset me:(i know stress would probably make it worse so im doing my best to keep happy-ish..
The dr seems to think its some kind of migraine but with no pain and nausea.I dont really get it because ive never had a migraine in my life....Nor heard of one like the dr is describing.

Im hoping someone can shed some light on the situation!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Did you ever find anything out? Or get better? I have very similar symptoms.

Please reply,
thanks,
adam
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Unfortunately no....

Had alot of tests eg mri,ct scan which at least ruled out anything really serious.You should ask your doctor to at least rule out major things....

I still get it all the time and am thinking I am going to speak to my dentist and see if it has anything to do with my jaw(strange I know but its been mentioned) but otherwise I neurologist told me it could be a version of a tension headache but instead of pain-just pressure....

But really no im not getting anywhere with it and its not going....Hope yours does!
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Did the neuro give you any medications? Is your vision effected?
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Nope no medications.He did an mri and couldnt find anything to give me medication for.Yeah ive had blurry vision where I otherwise have always seen really clearly....Its only blurry when the head pressure is really bad.

He thinks it could be some sort of very strange response to stress only because he cant find any medical reason for it.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....