My husband's grandmother had emergency surgery on christmas eve and recently got a letter from the hospital stating that she needed to have a tb test. Apparently an employee of the hospital had an active case of tb while she was there. Well, her test came back positive but her doctor says that she doesn't have it. How can that be? I know that you can have it but it can be inactive. Should I worry about my kids, 17years and 21 months, getting tb from having contact with her? Any advice would be appreciated. My baby's doctor isn't in today but I plan on calling him tomorrow. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jen
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 28th, 2005
Hi,how are you I hope I can answer that for you,my father worked at the hospitol for several years well when he went to take the tb tine test it came back postive well they did test and chest x ray,well he did not have tb but he had the infection from where he had been exposed he had to take meds. For 6 mos. But it was not contagious at all,my kids and my family was around him all the time and it was safe and the health depatrment said so too,so I would not worry to much ok. Have a wonderful bless day!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?