Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

gallbladder removal ( laproscopic ) ?

Hi everyone, new here. 29-year-old new yorker, very active, previously healthy. I have a question on whether or not to proceed with gallbladder removal. (laproscopic) I have no stones, no right-side pain. My only real symptom is crazy bloated stomach, which prompted me to docs after 6 months. Would pop buttons on my pants and get short of breath for having to carry my gut around. I'm petite, and not pregnant, tried to deal with this "nuisance." had ultrasound of upper right quadrant, that came back essentially normal minus noting my gallbladder "wasn't fully distended." then had more invasive hida, which found gallbladder was 5% functional. Guess that's not good. Changes in diet haven't helped, and doc suggests taking it out. My fear is, i've read some post-op horror stories and wonder if i'm trading in for a bigger evil in electing surgery. Lastly, i've noted some bad post-op triggers w/ food or drink, and I would not give up red wine for love or money. Anyone w/advice on going under? Is alcohol okay to have once your gallbladder's gone? Thanks and god bless.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....