Hi my name is jamie i've had brain surgery in 2002 of june. They removed the scar tissue from my right frontal lobe, they think from a couple of things. 1. A car accident in 77( blow to the head)2. Bad case of the measles 6 years old 3. Spinal memigitis when I was 6 months old. Is started having the auras in the early 80s from time to time but did'nt know what was happening. Then in the late 90s when I was in a bad marraigge it was alwasys bad Laughing they where getting worse. Ithought it was the pot so I stoppped and they kept coming. Finnally left in march of 98, may of 98 I left mediation ( had 1 in there ) got in my car went to a trck meet with my friend to watch her kids. And went into a big aura and had my !St g.M. M.R.I. Showed scar tissue. Went to 4 neuos before I ended up at u.C. Davis. They all told me at the begining would I consinder b.S. I thought they where all nuts. Well here i'm to let you people know about my story. Jamie oroville ca
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2003
Experienced User
Got a Question?
Question are you epilepsy free?Do you work?Are you on medication?Are you different in any way?
|

replied November 18th, 2003
Experienced User
More About B.s.
They told me 40 to 60% chance I would be seizure free, the other side was I would still have achance of having them or maybe the would be less freqeunt. Well they are less frequent. I have had 5 or 6 g.M. And still have the aruras. The surgeon told me it would be normal to have a g.M. The first month after surgery. Well I was g.M. Free for 1 year. I started having the auras within the first month of surgery. The fuuny thing is for awhile they would last for 3 to 5 mins. And could talk through them. So they were different then before. Same feeling, different hearing
, body feels weird but lasting alot longer. My surgeon left and went to sutter hospital in sac. Ca. So I can't talk to her about it.
I was home for 2 years and 3 months total, post-op to after surgery. I took 1 year total in those 2 & 3 months time to recover from surgery. Your head is numb the first 6 months because the nerve endings are still coming alive or back. So the the first 2 months you do feel alot of throbbing, I was heavy sedated those first 2 months. Then I just stopped taking the pain killers, and took only ibreprofen,(i can't spell by the way) I did not want to get strung out on dope like you see alot of people do. So I was sick of being home not driving for three years. I just got my lincense in may of 2003 for back 3 weeks before I had my g.M. Well that was a bummer. But thank god michael my boyfriend of 4 years was working on the a.C. That day because he saved my life. I would probably would have been driving that day . Because I was driving all the time for those 3 weeks. So I went back to my old job at the clothing store 2 days a week for 5 hrs a day. I left as a manager and buyer for the store, I was there for 7 years, now i;m working under a 28 year old that I hired when she was 20. She has been there for me from the beginning when I left my marriage, lost the job, divorce, b.S. My schauffer from time to time and a really good friend. Working is not the same it never will be the owner won't let me go to market, but tracy my boss took me to s.F. Market without the owner knowing. It felt so good to see all the reps again and they were so glad to see me again. I still get tired from them changing my meds, they have'nt found the magical one yet so they keep trying.
So i'm still not driving I have alot of good friends and family. I get to take the short bus to work for special people! I'm glad I went thru the b.S. And boy do I mean b.S. Because I was really messed up before. My head still is sore were they cut the skull out and layed on the table as my doc explains it to me. I still have calicum deposits from were the bone is growing back together. You should hear what michael says the docs, did to me when I was under? I don't know you that well phil but if your off color write me back and I will tell you. Are you thinking about having this done? Talk to you later jamie
|

replied November 18th, 2003
Experienced User
Epilepsy
I also had brain surgery, 1 year ago.
Day after surgery I threw the medicine away.
Seven days later they took out the staples.
Three days later I went back to work.
Never been back they never called.
|

replied November 19th, 2003
Experienced User
Question how old are you. What hospital did they do the surgery Question what caused your seizures Question what kinda of b.S. Did they do Question are you free from seizures Question come on phil you can't just leave me hanging, I guess thats the difference between men and women. I tell you my life story and you just, I have no words to explain. I guess you maybe don't want make a big deal out of it, or relive it. When I talked to people I want them to tell me all about what there experience. Write me later. Jamie
|

Experienced User
I cant spell
i am 36
front lobe b.S.
I was a baby with menengiest
st. Louis barns hospital
i am free from seizures
god came with his bright light, I said no
i am self employed washing trucks
give to people
|

Experienced User
More Infor!!!
Phil,
when did u start having them Question give 2 people Question your heart, infor about what you have gone thru. Your experince with god Question are you married Question children Question your a mystery. Jamie
|

Experienced User
Jamie, hi this is patti phils wife of 13 years. Phil started having noticable seizures 4 years ago. I was confused a first not having ever witnessed a seizure. After a few months it dawned on me what might be happening. I made an appointment with our doctor and he was later diagnosed as having epileptic seizures. We spent the next 3 years trying all different meds and none of them working. His seizure became more frequent and worse. One day after going to his doctor visit with him I became so frustrated that I called barnes hospital and ask them for help, because phil was getting to the point that I thought I would lose him in a accident. They put him on a monitor for a week, tracking each seizure. They told me he was a candiate for surgery because they knew the part of the brain causing the problem and could get to it and remove it successfully. A piece of brain tissue was dying in his memory the size of a small finger. They felt if they remove this he would have a chance to recover. During his surgery he describes seeing a bright light and he knows it is the light of god. He felt he could go to this bright light and would leave this earth. He has told me he chose to stay because of our 10 year old daughter madeline. He always tells me he talks to god every day and he now knows the purpose of life is to give to others. I do believe we have received a blessing from god. He has had no seizures and takes no meds. No one could ever convince me that this was nothing short of a miracle. A our pastor has taught me if two or more people pray together god is present. Don't ever underestimate the power of prayer.
|

replied November 21st, 2003
Experienced User
Nice to Hear From the Other Side
Patti
im on my way to work, you must be a good women and in love with phil. I have known michael since h.S. But we were different then. Now he has been here for almost 5 years this march. We were both raised catholic, gotta go my ride is here jamie
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....