Does anyone fill worse when the weather is hot?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Hi
Yes, I get really irritable when i'm hot.

I don't know if it's common or not, but my anxiety worses when it's either really hot or way too cold.

Hope that helps a little,

b
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Many anxiety sufferers are worse in the heat, especially when humid and hot
|

replied June 29th, 2005
I definetly am worse during the heat, I live in illinois and it has been over 90 and humid for the last couple of weeks, supose to be 104 on monday...
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Couldn't Live Without A/c
Is there any way you can reduce your anxiety when you can't do anything about the humidity?

I've been travelling a lot and I find the weather gets to me when it's extremely hot but there isn't much I can do. Any suggestions as to what I can do at that moment in time?

Thanks

b
|

replied June 30th, 2005
Heat
I tend to get very sick from the heat, which of course makes my anxiety worse b/c I think I am going to get sick and die. Get very weak, dizzy, and this is from being in it for just a few mins.
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I was sometimes made panicky by strong sunlight on a hot day and found wearing a hat helped
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Yes
My heart rate increases when I get hot. Since being warm and an elevated heart rate are often symptoms during a panic attack, sometimes this can induce a panic attack. I try to keep cool. If I am going to be in the heat for any amount of time, I bring a cold drink. Sometimes I drink it. Sometimes I just put it against my wrists or head to cool me down quickly.
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Yes
My heart rate increases when I get hot. Since being warm and an elevated heart rate are often symptoms during a panic attack, sometimes this can induce a panic attack. I try to keep cool. If I am going to be in the heat for any amount of time, I bring a cold drink. Sometimes I drink it. Sometimes I just put it against my wrists or head to cool me down quickly.
|

replied July 4th, 2005
Yes the Heat Worsens My Breathing
Yes the heat worsens my breathing and I find alot more sleepless nights worrying when im hot!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...