Why do you insist on pulling pro life for the things pro choice are doing?

If one person in pro life lies you call all of pro life liars,yet when pro choice lie it is a mistake.

You are avoiding questions that you know will you cannot answer without making yourself look like a hypocrite.

You stood by and let pro choice accuse me and fish of having sex with our daughter,yet scream and shout when some one says anything to pro choice.

Pro choice lies and you do not say anything at all,yet you have a near coronary when you percieve pro life lying.

Pro life use a web site and you set up a poll to try and prove pro life lied,yet when pro choice use's the same website,you are conspicious by your absence.

You have more compassion for a child raping k.I.Ller than anyone pro life,that is just sick.

You keep accussing people of stuff,which are lies but when pulled on it you say *i mixed you up with so and so*,yet there is no chance of you accepting that off pro life.

You lie constantly and accuse pro life of posting personal stuff on the net,yet did you say anything to pcforme when she posted a fake swingers ad on this board and claimed it was fish and me?. No you didn't.

Now you can dissect/ignore/insult me all you want but it will not make a blind bit of difference to what is the truth.

Now I have removed anything that can be considered an insult now I wonder if I will get a civil reply.

Steen it appears I have to keep posting this because they keep locking it,so I am not doing it to be funny
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Isn't he just ?
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Quote:
you have more compassion for a child raping k.I.Ller than anyone pro life,that is just sick.

that's absolutely untrue. He has respect for prolifers who are truly prolife rather than just pro-fetus - prolifers that actually care about women as well. He just can't stand the anti-women control freaks you see on debating boards.

I've also met few people as willing to help strangers as he is. I've seen him give a lot of excellent advice and support on message boards, even to people he doesn't like. He's more pro-people and indeed prolife than many self-proclaimed prolifers i've met.
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Moira,

ive never looked at it like that before and your absolutely right! There are some pro-life people and some pro-foetus, there is a difference. I found this board by posting in the support forum, I had some helpful comments and advice from pro-life people, but others write some very hurtful and harmfull comments to women who have had abortions. Thats what I have never understood, if pro-life people claim they are 'pro-life' how can they speak to others like that and try to put down and emotionally torment women, it just doesnt make sense, how is that promoting life?!
Ive been called all sorts by pro-life people, m u r d e r e r, !**@! shank etc all from people on this board! There are some women hating people out there, some campaigners dont take into consideration that there are two lives to consider and if a woman has no choice but to have an abortion, they still find the anger and bitterness to condem her and make sure she feels completely messed up by her choices. I refer to these people as the pro-life-clan, the nazi's of the abortion argument!

I do believe that 'true' pro-life people have a very good argument and after actually going through it myself I can say with strength that I would never do it again, no matter what the circomstances. But other pro-life people dont really put their case accross very well, they fight with evil, they attack women and emotionally abuse them in an attempt to make them see their way. Hardly inteligent! I'd much rather hear a side from someone who is controlled, states the facts and promotes life for what it is...A wonderful experience!
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Yes just like pcers do as well I don't deny that some pro lifers judge the person but some of us judge the act instead.
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Pro-life does not = anti-woman or whatever else you feel necessary to call us. We respect all life.
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
[quote="jlee77"]
Quote:

but fishx...How can you judge the act but not the person that commited the **act**??

it is not the woman but the act if the option wasn't there then there would be no problem and then if the women still find away to terminated we have no need to judge the women as the judicial system will.
|

replied June 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
jlee77 wrote:
people will down pro-life advocates because they see us as "anti-woman". We as pro-life know that is ridiculous but pro-choice people stand on their strong ground. It's impossible to make them see any sort of point.

it is all a matter of what you believe it means to be "pro-woman", I guess. For instance, we look at fundamentalist muslim cultures, where women have to be completely veiled. That may strike us as being very discriminatory, tkaing away their freedom, treating women as second-class citizens, etc. But the muslims would maintain it is because they "value" women so much, and women who have converted to islam say they feel more free when they are veiled.

For someone who is pro-choice, forcing a woman to stay pregnant and bear a child when she does not want to, is basically taking away her autonomy, forcing her to be a second-class citizen, saying that she is not permitted to control what happens to her body. Obviously, if you think that anti-abortion is not anti-woman, then you believe that forcing her to stay pregnant and bear her child is somehow in her best interests.
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Jlee - I have to say I agree with most of what you said there. Pro-choicers find it hard sometimes to undersatand pro-life and vice versa. We do need to respect each others beliefs but as abortion is such a sensitive subgect it can get nasty on both sides. Just for the record I wasnt calling you and anyone else on here a nazi! I was refering to the people who attack women. Those sites that tell women they are evil and should be mordered or torured themselves for what they have done (ive seen some horrible things which is what makes me feel so strongly) my friend was also forced to od in college because of people like this.

I have been attacked by pro-life people, ive been told that god will not forgive me for the evil I have committed and I will burn in hell!!!! How that is pro-creative I will never know!

I realise the errors of my ways, I wish I had the strength to stand up to the people who coerced me into my abortion at the time. I have sinse made it known how I feel and my relationship with these people will never be the same again. I will never have an abortion again and I would like to encourage others to not be forced into abortion. However I still believe its the right decision for some women.
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Re: Steen
foreverblue wrote:
why do you insist on pulling pro life for the things pro choice are doing?

If one person in pro life lies you call all of pro life liars,yet when pro choice lie it is a mistake.

You are avoiding questions that you know will you cannot answer without making yourself look like a hypocrite.

You stood by and let pro choice accuse me and fish of having sex with our daughter,yet scream and shout when some one says anything to pro choice.

Pro choice lies and you do not say anything at all,yet you have a near coronary when you percieve pro life lying.

Pro life use a web site and you set up a poll to try and prove pro life lied,yet when pro choice use's the same website,you are conspicious by your absence.

You have more compassion for a child raping k.I.Ller than anyone pro life,that is just sick.

You keep accussing people of stuff,which are lies but when pulled on it you say *i mixed you up with so and so*,yet there is no chance of you accepting that off pro life.

You lie constantly and accuse pro life of posting personal stuff on the net,yet did you say anything to pcforme when she posted a fake swingers ad on this board and claimed it was fish and me?. No you didn't.

Now you can dissect/ignore/insult me all you want but it will not make a blind bit of difference to what is the truth.

Now I have removed anything that can be considered an insult now I wonder if I will get a civil reply.

Steen it appears I have to keep posting this because they keep locking it,so I am not doing it to be funny

steen you said you would answer this on saturday,yet it is now monday and no sign.
|
Quick Reply