The other night my fiance and I got in a fight after he didnt come home until 3 in the morning. It ended up with him taking my ring and him grabbing me by my hair and mr arms and my clothes and my neck and throwing me down repeatedly everytime I tried to get up. He also grabbed me by my face and screamed at me that he didnt want to ever see me again. I didnt know what else to do so I broke down and started crying then he stopped never saying that he was sorry but that he did want to be with me and that he loved me but basically saying that everything that happened was my fault. I dont know what got into him as to why he acted that way. I love him with all my heart but I am very emotionally hurt. When I look at him to kiss him I cant because all I hear is him screaming that he never wanted to see me again. Please help and tell me what to do from now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Re Scared And Heartbroken
What happened with your fiance is a warning sign. I am sure that he has never done anything like it before, but that doesn't mean that it is okay. There is no reason for anyone to ever put there hands on you in any way that is unwelcome, especially to potentially harm you! It seems like he might have been guilty also, because even after saying he was sorry repeatedly, he managed to blame you. Even if you did do something wrong, he physically abused you, that is unforgivable. Please be cautious with your heart, I know it will hurt to let him go now, but imagine the pain you will feel if this happens again, it can become a vicious cycle. Friends and family will be more than happy to help you get through any hard times with this. Please don't let yourself be another statistic. I can imagine that it would be hard to end your engagement, but you need to look out for yourself. You deserve someone who will treat you like a queen. . . It doesn't seem to me that your fiance does. My advice would be to end it, as hard as it will be, it's most likely the best thing you can do for yourself.
|
Did you find this post helpful?