My husband and I have recently been trying to have baby. He is on a lot of medication and the medication he is on prevents him from letting any sperm come out during intercourse. I know his sperm is good he already has 2 children from his previous relationship (which live with us), he stopped taking his medication that he could when we were trying but we had no luck. How do I know if the sperm he is producing now is good without spending a fortune on doctors? Ill take any suggestions I can get.

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Hi
You really need to speak tp a proffesional, and do you realy think it is a good idea for you husband to come of his meds.
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
The meds he came off of were his mental meds. He came off zoloft, welbutrun(sp), rispadol, and depakot (sp), most of these meds he is on bc the doctor put him on them when his mother past away last year and they havent taken them off of them yet. He is okay as long as we keep his mind off his mother and thats easier now that its been so long since se past. The reason I was asking was my mom was telling me like she thought there was something over the counter that you can get to test sperm etc. ??
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks, I am going to go take a test 2 marrow, since ive started having my periodsthey have lasted 7 days and this month they only lasted 2 so I called the doc and he said come in so wish me luck
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....