Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

What Can I Do With My Body.

Hi, my name is alex and im 13 years old. Im really skinny and I have to improve my muscles' size..

I dont have weights at home but I know that you can work out with push-ups and pull-ups.. I wanna improve the muscles of my arms and chest..

So, I wanna know how many push-ups and pull-ups (or other exersice) do I have to do. (per day)

im gonna appreciate all your answers/. Thanks :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 24th, 2005
There is no "set number", but basically do as many as you feel comfortable. The more the better. I would reccomend starting with 100 every day, which is not as hard as it sounds. If you can't do them all at once, do small sets throughout the day. With time you will improve.
|

replied June 24th, 2005
Well..At 13 I think you are still too young to go for muscles.

Just enjoy your school days like anything. This is age when your body is in a state of development and lifting weights at this stage may hamper the proper growth of your body. So just enjoy and do look for muscles only after 18.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....