Should more money be put into Conjunctivitis Research?
YES
NO
100%  100%  [ 3 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
Conjuncititus affects me all the time. I have had it for about 10 years now. My eyes are almost always itchy, and if they are not itchy, they are sore, and they often go red. It is basically ultrasensitivity, to certain light conditions, wind, dry conditions, and hot conditions - so virtually all conditions which a human faces everyday. I cannot get a job because my eyes are so sensitive.

I have tried opticrom, and various other prescription only medicines but they have not worked. Just now I use "vital eyes", which is basically a light eye wash liquid.

Is there any advanced treatment available which would make my eyes better for longer periods of time? Ie.) treatment where I would pay a lot of money to get my eyes fixed.

At the moment, my eyes are only good for a few hours and then they go red and itchy again. The doctor said it was permanent.

Can anyone help please? My life is so restricted, socially, economically, and physically.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
I know exactly how you feel. I have blepharitis or conjuctivitis and it has bothered me all my life. Constant strain and pressure on my eyes and odd looks from people who wonder why my eyes are red. It is hard to even make eye contact at all with people because of it. I would also pay a lot of money if there was a treatment that could actually stop this condition. It really sucks.

However, my eyes have gotten a lot better by just sticking to lid scrubs every night. It is a permanent condition because it has to do with how our skin allows for more staph or sleep and it scrapes off to the suface of the eye. So just do lid scrubs and maybe use an over the counter eye-drop to clear your eyes. Once you've done this for awhile it becomes a lot less irritating. It will always be there, but with the right treatment it is not so bad and becomes somewhat of an afterthought.
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Re: to "dlepz"
Im not sure what a "lid scrub" is. Could you tell me please? Also, any other tips would be handy.

Recently I have started using water and baking soda eye wash which makes my eyes feel much fresher. However it still doesn't last very long. Also, I started taking vitamin c, vitamin a, and zinc. This may or may not help my immune system or not.

Thanks for your help mate!

Al
|

replied October 8th, 2005
You should search on lid scrub on the internet. Anyway, there's no need for this if you don't have blepharitis. You should see a doctor for a diagnosis. If you have dry eye you could try artificial thears, theratears. Many people says they are good.
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....