I found out on tuesday that i'm 1.5cm dilated and 75% of my cervix has thinned. I've been having braxton hicks a lot. Around 11:30 today until 1:00pm I was having real contractions yet not regular. The only thing I want to do is sleep today.

Does anyone think the baby can be coming soon???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2005
Community Volunteer
No she's never coming out lexiee.

Plus your only 36 weeks.
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Experienced User
:p :p :p :p :p

thanks for the encouragement!! Lol hahaha
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2005
Community Volunteer
lexiee wrote:

lmao... You know I luv ya!! Lol

:p :p

but seriously it could be anytime lex.
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Experienced User
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
lexiee wrote:

lmao... You know I luv ya!! Lol

:p :p

but seriously it could be anytime lex.

when are you suppose to start feeling braxton hiks...
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Some people never get them-- like me!!! (or actually I might be having them the last couple of days although I don;t feel them, only know cause they were showing up on the moniter at the hosp.)

but you can start getting them anytime from 20 weeks on but most people won't feel them for a while. My doc also told me if I was having more than 5 a day before 36 weeks of pregnancy to go to the hosp.
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Experienced User
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
some people never get them-- like me!!! (or actually I might be having them the last couple of days although I don;t feel them, only know cause they were showing up on the moniter at the hosp.)

but you can start getting them anytime from 20 weeks on but most people won't feel them for a while. My doc also told me if I was having more than 5 a day before 36 weeks of pregnancy to go to the hosp.
oh I see, what do they feel like i'm 26 weeks and latley in the mornings i've been having stomach aches/cramps and I don't know what it is.. It almost feels like my stomach is streching (which it is) I asked my Dr. And he said that it was normal to get stomach aches... Also I went to the Dr. Today and when he did that tape measure thing it is the same as last week when I went.. Before it was measuring one week bigger now it's right on so I dont' know all to confusing for me.. I just cant' wait to see my baby and get him out of me lol
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Re: When Do You Think...
jlee77 wrote:
lexiee wrote:
i found out on tuesday that i'm 1.5cm dilated and 75% of my cervix has thinned. I've been having braxton hicks a lot. Around 11:30 today until 1:00pm I was having real contractions yet not regular. The only thing I want to do is sleep today.

Does anyone think the baby can be coming soon???

lex!!! I didn't know you came here. I do but not too often anymore.
I have not been over to castle's today so I didn't know this until now!! Your cervix being that thin is a good thing and I feel your baby will be here soon. How far along are you as of today? Were your contractions painful? I'm betting you have this baby by monday. ;o)

ya but j, she's only 36 weeks and 2 days right now.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2005
Community Volunteer
katie_33 wrote:
oh I see, what do they feel like i'm 26 weeks and latley in the mornings i've been having stomach aches/cramps and I don't know what it is.. It almost feels like my stomach is streching (which it is) I asked my Dr. And he said that it was normal to get stomach aches... Also I went to the Dr. Today and when he did that tape measure thing it is the same as last week when I went.. Before it was measuring one week bigger now it's right on so I dont' know all to confusing for me.. I just cant' wait to see my baby and get him out of me lol

bah! I was measuring 3 weeks more. I was measuring at 41 weeks at my 38 week check up. And idon;t know whatthey feel like as I haven't felt them! Your cramps are probably just cramps. Your stomach will get really hard with braxton hicks. And at 26 weeks I highly doubt you'd feel them.
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Experienced User
I wouldn't say they were that painful.... But very uncomfortable it was like a burning cramp.... But when it's going to be the real real thing i'm sure i'll know :)
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Experienced User
lexiee wrote:
i wouldn't say they were that painful.... But very uncomfortable it was like a burning cramp.... But when it's going to be the real real thing i'm sure i'll know :)
iwish you all the luck...
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2005
Community Volunteer
jlee77 wrote:

oh...I'm sorry. I hope for you to reach 37 weeks then to put her out of premie range. But don't get freaked out if she is born premie. Nicolas was and he was a healthy 6 pounder! And now he is 10 lbs 9 ounces at 7 weeks old!!! I'm so excited for you!!

ya j, we can tell by his pics, that he's a lil chunky monkey.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2005
Community Volunteer
jlee77 wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
jlee77 wrote:

oh...I'm sorry. I hope for you to reach 37 weeks then to put her out of premie range. But don't get freaked out if she is born premie. Nicolas was and he was a healthy 6 pounder! And now he is 10 lbs 9 ounces at 7 weeks old!!! I'm so excited for you!!

ya j, we can tell by his pics, that he's a lil chunky monkey.

he is getting there but really only in his cheeks right now. He looks way bigger in pictures. I love chunky babies!

i just hope i'm not pushing one out. Lol the way thigs are going i'm gonna be pushing out a 10lb-er lol
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
He wasn't 10lbs after all jess :p :p
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2005
Community Volunteer
lexiee wrote:
he wasn't 10lbs after all jess :p :p

close!!! Lol.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...