Hello , I am new to this forum and I was hoping that it could help me a bit I am bulimic I have been for over 3 years and I am losing control completly and I am scared to death of the alternative that awates me .. I was woundering if there is anybody on this site that is going threw the same thing that can help me out threw this hole ordealcause I really cant take it anymore I aneed help
yours truly
katy
ps:my real name is ashley-kate but I normally go by ashley or katy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey ashley,
how are you? I hope you're ok. You will find many people going through the same thing you are on this forums.

I can relate to you especially about the fact that bulimia can go out of control. Like they say, its not what you're eating, it's what's eating you. An e.D. Can get out of control and start taking over your life.

I know you probably do not want to hear this but bulimia leads to heart problmes, dental problems, organ dysfunction and too many to list. Not to mention it depresses you beyond words.

I used to be borderline bulimic and I never went to a Dr. For it. Instead I have been trying to recover myself. I would urfge you too see a professional counselor about this but I totally undertsand your situation.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to control bingeing is to find another activity you like to do. If you feel like bingeing ask yourself is this worth the calories and the vomiting that's going to come next? Is bulimia worth it?

Thanks for taking the time to read this hun, hope it helped a little. I know I was kinda rambling :lol: sorry its so long. Pm me if you want to.

"everyhting will be all right in the end and if it is not all right, it is not the end."

ps- read some of the other posts on the forum, you may find answer and advice. :)
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Some Advice...
I had been bulemic for a month and I stopped bingeing 6 days now. I am doing ok, I still have some blurps caused by the regular vomitting I had been doing.. I feel like the canal or tube or whatever it's called that's connecting my throt to my stomach had been enlarge and open so that's why I suspect I have those blurps still coming often. (for the 6 days I stopped vomitting my meals, I had been keeping myself busy watching tv hanging with friends.... Reading..) try not to think of it! The more you think of it the more you'll have the tendancy to do it. And forget the weight obsession, if you 're appreciated, you should be with extra or no extra pounds.. I had been bulemic for a month and I started to hate myself and think of hurting myself at times.. Now, what I did is tried to control myself from eating a lot.. Since most bulemics would most likely eat a huge portion of food at night and throw it up after, I tried to eat smaller quantity which wont make me throw up inspite of it..
Eat healthy foods, not very very healthy though.. You could have a low-fat muffin, some milk.. Some yogourt.. Something smooth on your stomach ok.. And dont eat much dont eat much.. So you could help your stomach shrink tback to normal.. Cause with the huge quantitty we put in at a time the stomach just bloats till it's about to explode and then we throw up. That's what I used to do.. And though I worked out.. I still had a big stomach, I looked like a rat, thin legs and arms and big stomach...
Eat small portions, you ll starve a bit but hey at least it will help you prevent vomitting caused by the huge quantity of food...

I was bulemic for a month or 5 weeks. And I stopped 6 days ago, it's not an easy thing to do.. But eat less and you ll help your stomach go back to normal.. And hey, drink some beptop besmol or gavisgon , it'll soothen your stomach...

Pm me if u want, I was in that sh..T and I am struggling through it.
|

replied June 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Everyone here is going through the same thing as you, in their own ways. I'm not going to give you any advice, cos poetmcc did a pretty good job of saying anything I would say. I just wanna let you know that I know how bloody hard it is, and that this forum can really help make you feel like there is hope. Um, please keep your chin up, we all know how it feels! Xoxo
|

replied June 17th, 2005
Thanx
Thank you very much for anwering I was sort of doughting that anyone would like really most people just tell me eat it isn'e that simple and from your replies I noticed that most of you agree and it is very reashering the thing is that for me it is not about being thin and pretty it is about so many other things i've went threw that caused me to believe and think that food is bad and un pure I feel dirty when I eat so I can't eat and when I do I make myself sick and drink a lot of water cause it gives me the sensation of being clean again
thanks
|

replied June 27th, 2005
to Fillegirl
The sooner you address the problem and try to get rid of it, the easier it is!!! I'm so happy for you, that you are getting out now. And do get out now. Eat small and stuff, just like you are doing. Don't allow yourself to get back in, it may be more years b4 you get out and eds are not glamorous or fun.... Mostly, it's complete withdrawl from society, and self-abuse, and it's hard to have relationships or let anyone close to you, hard to explain why you're not eating... Again...

Anyway, it's no fun. 7years of expirience, and the only reason I started was that someone would notice I was suicidally depressed!!! They didn't, and anorexia took on a life of her own. It's terrible. Even when i'm 'better' by my standards, i'm still not normal or ok or not thinking about food altogether. It's so much a part of me now that I don't think i'll ever be free or see food normally again.

So, huge hugs!!! Keep going straight forward, walking away from this hell!!! I'm so happy for you, and I wish I had done the same. I wish, everyday, I had just never started, just been stopped early. Congrats!!!
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....