Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Anyone know of or maybe have this condition
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 13th, 2005
Experienced User
It is a condition where a person reoeats endlessly the same task- opening and closing doors, washing, cleaning, counting. They often have anxiety that causes them to repeat and repeat because of fear of germs ( the washing) and superstition ( counting)
a book that really explains this told by a girl with ocd is "kissing doorknob"

hope this helped.
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah apparantly I have it... I just wanted to know if anyone else had or knew of anyone I sorta feel like a freak
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Why what do you do twentyone?
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Just silly things repeatidly, like sitting down turning of lights etc
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey twentyone, I really really recommend that you read "kissing doorknob" because it is a book that shows how a girl suffers with ocd but recovers in the end and wins over the battle.
There are many medications and therapies for ocd and you can easily get them and lead a normal amd happy life. Just see your Dr.

The very best to you. Take care.
|

replied June 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks poet for your reply. I have heard about that book I must read it. Its a real pain in the ass... It takes up so much of your time doing these complusions. I hate it I have been referred to a diff doc to get meds im on cipralex at the min they dont help. Hopefully with the right meds I will be fine.
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
No body know anyone with this???????
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...