Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Lower Back Workouts

I am looking for different lower back exercises. I have a weakened back (due to a back injury from the gym along with a bone defect) and I really need to strengthen it to help with lower back pain.

I have flipped through magazines, etc, searching, but low back exercises seem to be hard to find... I do cobras, planks and bridges, but I am looking for a few others to vary my routine. I am looking for some that do not bear much additional weight, since my back is still recovering (and my bank account from medical bills).

If anyone can help, or send me a link to a site with exercises, it would be much appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 12th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm sure if you typed "lower back exercises" in google or yahoo, you would get tons of detailed results.
Good luck.
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Experienced User
This is what you're looking for: http://www.Nismat.Org/orthocor/programs/lo wback.Html

if anything is unclear let me know and i'll explain the exercises in further detail.
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....