Back in 2001 I was told I have fibromyalgia. Since then I have been through alot of changes along with herniated discs in my lower back and in my neck. Along with asthma, i.B.S, depression, and anxeity, and panic attacks. So what is a person to do? When I first got fibro I could barely walk I use to have a wheel chair and a walker. I have started excercising more as the dr requested and I still cannot walk long distance and cannot stand or sit for a long period of time. Let's not forget not sleeping unless I take elavil that makes me to sleepy in the morning. I'm fighting for my ssb and ssi.

Will someone please help me! I have done all that the dr has requested and still no change. I force myself to do things, but I pay for it the next day for sure.

I'm 35 years old with a nine year old son that doesn't understand and a husband that is more understanding that any woman can ask for.

Sincerely,

"just want to be myself again." Crying or Very sad Mad :p
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 26th, 2003
Fibromyalgia
Dear cyluv,

my aunt has fibromyalgia and has not found the treatment she needs. Are you undergoing any treatment? Have you found the right doctor? Is your condition improving? I'm just worried about my aunt b/c she cannot walk somedays.

Thank you
|

replied December 28th, 2003
Fibromyalgia
Hi, i'm sorry to hear about your aunt. It's something that we have to go through. When I first heard about it I was able to walk but as months went by I needed a walker and wheelchair because I couldn't walk. I found out that I had it back in 2001 and i'm just getting around, but I still need my walker or my husband's arm to support me as I walk. Some days are better then others. If your aunt has a high power tell her to pray on it. I'm not 100% well I still having problems. I was under some treatment but I moved from anaheim, ca to las vegas, nv so I have to find a new Dr. The dr's I had out in ca said there is nothing else they can do for me. That it is all up to me. I have your aunt gained weight? I did, I went from weighing 140lbs to 230lbs. I have never been that big in my life. Crying or Very sad since then I have been in a car accident on dec15,2003 which has brought all my symptoms back. The panic attack and the walking is hurting me now more then ever. Please tell her that she has to do some walking everyday even if it is just 5 mins a day and then gradually go up. That is what I had to do. Do it when she feels like it is one of her good days. But don't over do it because she can hurt herself more then helping herself. Have she any swimming therapy they said, it is good for people who has fibromyalgia but it nearly killed me. How did she find out that she had fibromyalgia? How long has she had it? There are no cure for it, but if she wants to feel better any stress she has in her life she has to let it go. Tell her to find a hobby that she likes so she doesn't focus on her pain. My husband bought me some ducks to paint because he knows I like ducks that is how my kitchen is. He started taking me out to the outdoors swapmeet and I was happy just to get out of the house and he did this every weekend or we would go to the goodwill. Since we are here in las vegas now there is a free tournament at the monte carlo that I like to play that is my outing until I got hit. But I found something else to do since i'm in the house all day. Since I never got my high school diploma i'm going to school via internet. Tell her at anytime she need someone to talk too i'm here. Because people who has fibromyalgia other people who doesn't have don't understand what we go through. The depression the mood swing and the constant ache and pains.
tell her she has a friend in me, I will keep her in my prayers
|

replied December 28th, 2003
Fibromyalgia
Don't for one moment think that know one cares. I have suffered from fibro for a long time.Ihave 100% disability now ...It took 4 years and going to all the doctors that the government sent me to. But there are things that can be done, for pain , sleeplessness, and depression, and there are often times other things going on that the diagnoses seems to hide, because once the doc says you have fibro, everything is attributed to the same thing, and the docs will throw up thier hands and say its your fibro theres nothing we can do. Don't forget to keep your eye on, lupus, it comes wrapped in alot of the same symptoms as well !! Don't give up! I find sometimes ai have to just ignore the pain grit my teeth and do what needs to be done. Go to the fibromyalgia forum for careing people who have same problems. Lily
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Fibromyalgia
Hope all is doing better by now! I know these are old posts, but, I wanted to get my two cents worth!
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia over seven years ago and I know, it s-u-c-k-s! I realize, we are all different, the only thing I can suggest is to keep moving(i know, easier said than done). I have to fight with myself in the mornings to just get up out of bed! You have to keep moving to keep your mind off of it! You can still have a life!
Heck I am 52y/o. I also have chronic fatigue syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, lupus, complex regional pain syndrome. I work anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Heck, if I can do it, anyone can do it!
Sincerely
sandy
|

replied November 16th, 2004
Experienced User
Hi
Im 21 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 19. Since then ive had all kinds of problems. Like stuck in bed for 6 months with glandular fever. But I dont know if this helps or not but I find taking multivitimins and not over doing the exercise like gentle swimming helps....... I think the most important thing to do is stay positive and talk about it. Because I dont know how many people have laughed at me when I said I had fibromyalgia and put me down saying it isnt a real disease but I got though it, I still have my bad days but ive got a long life ahead of me hopefully so I guess I just have to get on with it.

Goodluck
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Karen Stewart
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...