Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Can I Have My Ears Pinned Back Free On the Nhs (Page 1)

Hya,

I am a 13 year old lad and I am really bothered about my ears. I am thinking of having them pinned back and I am going to the doctors in a few days. I was wondering can I have it done free on the nhs plz help me

thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ChrisTayl
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Yes you can. Your under 16 but you will have to wait on a waiting list. I am 18 19 in a few days and I had to pay £1800 for mine :( so I would suggets going to your doctor and he will write to the nhs. The nhs should confim that you are on the list. Good luck with that and let us know how it goes!
|

replied August 4th, 2006
Hello

i had this operation last october, a few months before I was 18, free on the nhs.

Considering your age, you'll only have to tell your doctor it bothers you, then you'll be referred to a consultant, whom will then finally decide if you are worthy of the operation. Then you are placed on the waiting list, but many trusts give a specific date when the operation will be carried out, just like mine did. However, it was cancelled on two occations, but that's the nhs for you.

I finally had it done and was impressed with the results, however, after a few weeks went past, the operation wasn't as successful as I thought. Despite this, most operations are successful.

So go to your doctor immediately, he will refer you, then all you have to do is wait and prepare your self.

Good luck.
|

replied October 17th, 2006
Ears
Hi my ears stick out and up till now it hasnt really bothered me that much I am 21, but just latly I have started work in a bar and its the worse thing in the world having to face all them people knowin how big my ears are, I always wear my hair down when I go into work but it really bothers me that it sticks out through my hair an I always think that people are talking about me! I ave just spoken to my mum about it an I have booked an app at the doc's to see if I can have it done on the nhs, does anyone know if there is an age limit on there? An how long is the waiting list?

Thanks

linzi
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
your health
hi im only 11 and i just got it done yesterday im in a lot of pain but it will be worth it in the long run i cant wait to i get the bandage off when i got it done i was sick twice but i feel better now hope everyone is fine if they get it done and if the find this helpfull
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2011
Heyy, i want to get my ears pinned back to but im scared to be put to sleep when they do it and everything! Soo...give me some information on what they do and stuff. Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
head gear after op
Do you get a bandage or a bowl thing cause my friend said it was a bowl thing... but im not sure
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Ears Pinned Back
Heyahh im 15 and i want my ears pinned back as everyone calls me names at skool it knocks my confedence and i just feel so bad about them and im going to my gp to see what he says and im just worried about the side effects as i seen it on a website that someone got it done and there ear fell off so yahhooo xxx

p.s please write back x
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
My Ears
heyy, i am really worried about my ears and i am 14, i really want to get them pinned back as i think they spoil my appearance, i think that if they are an inch bigger i could fly. Plus my hair is really thin so i cant have the hairstyles i want or wear a indy bad because i have to push all my hair forward to hide them. i want to know if i could get them pinned back and how much it would cost ect, but i have a horse and i dont know how long i wouldnt be able to ride him for, can anyone help me?
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Age limit
18 years old and seriously want my ears pinned back. I have really bad confidence issue and hate having my picture taken.

I woke in a shop and find it hard to look customers in the eye as i always think they are looking at my ears.

Being 18, will i be able to have them done on the NHS? Maybe if i tell them how self consious i am, and how it affects my life they will let me have it for free??

Thanks in advance.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
Am I Too Young ?
I am 12 years old and my ears stick out badley and they really bother me i always wear my hair down but my ears stick through my hair and i'm really embarresed about them.
but am i too young to have it done ?
and does it cost much money ?
write back soon x
|

replied April 4th, 2009
my ears.
i had my ears pinned back about 3 months ago.
aaand it was free on nhs.
because i was 12 when i had it done.
now im 13!Smile
but i think the age limit is like 18 or sumert.
all you have to do is go to your doctors and tell him.
i went about my leg and ended up about my ears:L
my leg still hurts now.
ahhaa.
but seriously they'll refear you straight away..
then its just the waiting.
but i only waited aaabout maybe 3 months for mine:D
|

replied April 17th, 2009
i hate my ears :(
hi im 18 years old and i really do hate my ears i never wear my hair up because im embarassed of what people will sa or think of me :'( ive been bullied about it my whole life and it really knocks my confidence and it also stops me doing things such as goin hairdressers or even showing my boy freind of 2 years :'( can any one tell me if they think i would be able to have them done and is there a certain amount your ears have to stick out before they will do them for you on the nhs?
|

replied April 20th, 2009
I hate my ears !
Hiya am 17 years old and i hate my ears i really want them pinned back but can i get them done for free or not? I always wear a hat to cover them even in the hot sun i just think everyone will be looking at my ears.

thanks
|

replied April 20th, 2009
Worried.
im 17 and my ears stick out of my hair,i never wear my hair up as im too embarressed! I Dont ever feel pretty it has knocked my confidence to a low i always get worried that people are staring because of my ears and that there taking the mik out of me. im very self concious and care what i look like, most the time i hate going out it just puts me down. I want them done and know i probley can get them done free on nhs but im still worried im might not like them after ???
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Embarressed about my huuuugeee ears :(
:/ im 14 my ears aree huugee i dont get the mik taken out of me that often beacuse ive had it for 6 years and i think they started to get bored. Im thinking of getting myn done on the NHS but im to embarressed to even ask my parents about doing it:/
How long are u usually on the waiting list??.
|

replied August 23rd, 2009
Hi all,
im 23 and had my ears pinned back a couple weeks before my 18th birthday free on the nhs.
However i want it done again really badly, ive gone back to not having my hair up and everything, im getting married next year and even thinking about cancelling it because of how i may look in th pictures!!!
If anyone over the age of 18 has had this prcedure done on the nhs please let me know.xx
|

replied August 24th, 2009
Hi there
my 7 year old son is being teased about his ears at school. I went to my GP about my sons ears she didnt seem to think that there was anything wrong and i asked if i could get my sons ears done on the NHS she told me there was nothing to worry about and that his ears will go back as he gets older she didnt seem to want to put him on the NHS list. Is this right
|

replied August 24th, 2009
Hi sasandkel
No thats not right1 how does she know how your son is feeling!! i would see another doctor and get their advice .
I f it is causing him to be unhappy they should put him on the list! ive never heard of your ears going back as you get older!! thats just ridiculous! definantly see somebody else.xx
|
Users who thank katxx23 for this post: sasandkel 

replied October 15th, 2009
pinned back
i hate my ears people bully me sometimes about them .....

thats why i want thm pinned back and made a bit smaller
Sad
1800 pound :O why is it so expensive :'(
im onli 11
|

replied November 12th, 2009
im 14 and i've wanted my ears pinned back for about 6 years now, i've just booked my appointment with my GP and they have referred me to a plastic surgeon, but will i be on the waiting list for ages ? please write back asap (:
|

replied November 15th, 2009
Ears pinned back
Im 18 and really want my ears pinned back, is it too late to get it done on the nhs for free, ive been wanting them done forever, i went the doctors and he said they dont refare you anymore and they dont stick out and trhey doooooooo!!!!!!!!! I never ware my hair up and im a hairdresser and i would love to, I hate my earsssssss, there small but stick out, does anyone no how much it costs in the uk???????
|

replied November 23rd, 2009
ears pinned back at 6years and 26 years
I am 26 and i9 have just had my ears pinned back on the NHS for free. i had them done when i was about 6-7 years old as they really stuck out as a child. after going thru having my hair shaved and weraing a bandage for 2 wks, my mum thought that was it, ears solved. but unfortunately they didnt do a very good on the first op as they were still very prominent. i got picked on all they way thru school, i ued to wear my hair dow to cover them but they were still sticking out so much at the top they cam thru my hair. for years and years i have had a major complex about my ears. my partner doesnt see anything wrong witrh them and didnt want me to have the recent op... but i did!!!
i am currently at the stage where the bandage is still arounf my head. they are sore, swollen and irritating me. i have had a look and they have pinned them right back this time... maybe a little too far but the surgeon said not to worry because they will soon heal and come to their proper shape after a good few wks when swelling has gfone down
PERSONALLY I WOULD RECCOMEND ANYONE WITH A COMPLEX AS BIG AS MINE BOUT THEIR EARS TO GO AND HAVWE THEM DONE.. ITS WORTH IT! I THINK MINE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULL THIS TIME. TOO ME ANYWAY!
I think it depends on how much they bother u whether u get them free on NHS as an adult. i have depression, which also stemmed from being insecure about my ears and then lead to being self conscious etc.
As to docs saying children cant have them done when young, thats just nonscence cos i had my mine done at bout 6 years old. my son now has the same ears as me, but he doesnt really notiuce them at the mo, i have suggested to my partner bout getting his done, but he jsut goes off on one saying there fine. I think its a big difference for girls. i will let my boy decide for himself whether he wants his done when he becomes a teenager and old enuf to notice, and decide whether he is bothered about them or not...to be honest he looks cute with his. i just looked like and ELF.. sumin i called for years.
laurie
|