Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

42 Million And More Statistical Info.

From 1973 through 2002, more than 42 million legal abortions occurred.

*42 .M.I.L.L.I.O.N* that is total insanity! No wonder the world is going to he*l in a handbasket.

Http://www.Agi-usa.Org/pubs/fb_induced_abo rtion.Html

--for more statistical information such as the top 3 reasons that abortions are demanded.

The above is taken from the first websight
------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ -

25.5% of women deciding to have an abortion want to postpone childbearing.
21.3% of women cannot afford a baby.
14.1% of women have a relationship issue or their partner does not want a child.
12.2% of women are too young (their parents or others object to the pregnancy.)
10.8% of women feel a child will disrupt their education or career.
7.9% of women want no (more) children.
3.3% of women have an abortion due to a risk to fetal health.
2.8% of women have an abortion due to a risk to maternal health.

There are approximately 46 million abortions conducted eacy year, 20 million of them obtained illegally.
There are approximately 126,000 abortions conducted each day.

Is it just me or is 46 million abortions a year way too many??

Http://womensissues.About.Com/cs/abortions tats/a/aaabortionstats.Htm
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Let's see: 42 million abortions in 30 years. That's 1.4 million a year. There's something like 75 million or more women of child-bearing age in the us, I think?

That seems to me that every year, about 2% of women have abortions.

A better question to ask is why so many unwanted pregnancies occur.

Some reasons are the poor quality of sex education and parents not bothering to teach their children about responsible attitudes to sex. Abstinence-only sex education is particularly at fault. Another reason will be scare-mongering about the side effects of birth control pills. There are also increasing numbers of cases where pharmacists are refusing to fill pill prescriptions and, more often, morning-after pill prescriptions. In several cases, women who have been unable to get the morning after pill because of pharmacist refusal have ended up being pregnant and having to have abortions.
|

replied June 5th, 2005
Experienced User
42 million people. So sad.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It is their choice. It is a lot better then having a lot more brought into the system or being abused physically mentally or sexually, neglected such as uncared for and beaten. I have said it before, you do not walk in these women's shoes so therefore, you cannot or do not have the right to judge them.

Yea, and what about all of these people that die each year, especially in automobile accidents, maybe everyone should stop driving, but it is truly not right that people die every day.

And we need to stop having baby's that are abused everyday, maybe, if we just stopped having baby's then we would not have any worries.

Sincerely.
Sandy
|