Hi can any one help me as I have a friend who has mumps but the lumps have shown does this mean that its still contagious to someone who hasnt had tne vaccine
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2005
Mumps Is Very Contageous
Hi bradtrav, I have mumps at the moment and im not allowed to come into contact with anyone for a week(apart from my parents). Mumps can very easily be spread to others, especially if they havn't had the vaccination. At the moment there is an outbreak of mumps and it is advisable that you get the vaccination as soon as you can and you dont see your friend for at least a week. Ive looked up the duration of mumps on the internet as a desperate plea to prove my doctor wrong so I can see my boyfriend, however the sites seem to say you should stay away from people for much longer than a week! Your best bet is to ask a doctor for professional advice as I can only regurgitate what my doctor told me and this may vary for different cases.
|

replied July 25th, 2005
? About Mumps
What were your symptoms?
|

replied July 25th, 2005
It really hurt to swallow food and drink-i could only manage to eat soup, my face was very swollen from just behind my ears and across my jaw and this hurt to talk and even to lean on in bed (however this usually only happens to a few people when they have mumps) I felt sick and I was very tired when I was at the peak of my illness and for a week or so afterwards.
|

replied July 25th, 2005
Mumps
My son is 1 and just had his mmr vaccine and I think he actually got the mumps. His lymp nodes are on the back of his neck.

Thanks!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...