Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Is It Possible to Increase Your Height?

Hi, i'm 23 years old, 5'8 male. I hate being short and was wondering if it is actually possible to increase my height with exercises or diet or something else. Anyone know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 11th, 2003
Experienced User
No.

You are now well beyond the end of your growth cycle which in males generally ends at age 16.

Mike
|

replied November 30th, 2003
There is a surgical leg lengthening procedure but throughout the western world this is almost always reserved for people who have leg length discrepencies.

Aside from having your shoes built up which may look awkward, there is no other way to physically increase your height.

Dr. Thomas blake
|

replied December 14th, 2003
I see a device in japanese magazine where it is use to make you taller......It scretches your body(most useful if your bones are not aligned properly) ......If you think about it, it might actually work...Because think about the olimpic weigh lifters....They all look short because of years of weigh lifting that cause their spines and other bones to compress....So basically this device does the opposite...... I am not saying that it work...But it seemed like its a good idea..

Oh yeah, I dont know about you, but I swear somethings I feel shorter and sometimes I feels taller............
|

replied December 20th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
There is an op done here wherby they break the leg bones & re adjust them & it adds 2 or 3 inches 2 ur height.A girl who wanted 2 b an air hostess had it done so she cud b tall enough 2 get in (didnt know there were restrictions!) by all accounts,its extremely painful.Anyways, 5'8 is the average height 4 males so ur by no means 'short.'
|

replied January 12th, 2004
Wear cowboy boots
|
Tags: Diet, male
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Antonio Marotta
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Muhammad Khalil
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....