I was wondering if anyone had advice on whether to have breast reduction surgery done. I'm only 19 so I am concerned that my breasts may still get bigger (i am currently a 36f) or that later when I get pregnant, I won't be able to breastfeed. Or should I get it done now to prevent further back pain in the future? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper randa85
|

replied June 9th, 2005
U Should
I think u should get it done before u have children. But the think with that is if u have children, they might get bigger. So just look around for a great surgeon and tell them ur problem. And if u decide to get it, stayon top of it and make sure they are handling it the way u want them to. U might go down to a d cup, so u should try and get it down.
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
Breast Reduction
Talk to your family doctor and get a referal for a doctor. Talk to more then one and let them know your concerned. I have friends who had it done and are so happy they did. The headachaes, backaches and problems with legs and feet improved in no time. Not to mention no more deep indentations in shoulders and sexy outfits to wear. I wish you the best....One woman to another. Piglady
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Breast Reduction
I am also thinking of having reduction surgery. I'm in my early 30s, and i've been thinking about it for a long time. A few things just keep me from doing it. First (and I know this is really silly), I don't really want people to know about it. I'm fine discussing it with my husband, but I don't want to have to answer questions from friends, co-workers, in-laws, etc. Second, i'm afraid of losing sensation. And third, while I don't have kids now, nor am I planning on having them anytime soon, we may decide to have them, and then what? I knwo I should talk to a doctor about these things, but it really helps to hear from someone who experienced it.

And, on a side note, when I hear women talking about how they wish they were bigger or could afford implants, it makes me want to scream!
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2006
Dont Do It.
Honestly. I had mine done a year and a half ago. Worst decision ive ever made. I thought it would solve my problems, me being pretty petite, 5'3 and a ddd. Boy was I wrong. The doctor took out far too much, my scarring was unbelievable, my boobs sink in, and my nipples are not only unevenly shaped now, they sink in as well. I cant even show my boyfriend my boobs, because of how embarassed I am over it. My suggestion is dont do it, and if you do, reaaaally really know your surgeon, ask to see his previous work from this procedure....Because now im struggling to get the guts to go back under the knife to get it all fixed.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Re: Dont Do It.
maralovesyou wrote:
Honestly. I had mine done a year and a half ago. Worst decision ive ever made. I thought it would solve my problems, me being pretty petite, 5'3 and a ddd. Boy was I wrong. The doctor took out far too much, my scarring was unbelievable, my boobs sink in, and my nipples are not only unevenly shaped now, they sink in as well. I cant even show my boyfriend my boobs, because of how embarassed I am over it. My suggestion is dont do it, and if you do, reaaaally really know your surgeon, ask to see his previous work from this procedure....Because now im struggling to get the guts to go back under the knife to get it all fixed.

That is exactly why I'm terrified of getting it done. I'm 5'1" with DDs. I have been losing weight but they are not going down, I've even been so desperate to make them smaller that I buy smaller bras and squeeze into them. I suppose I'll just embrace them. The scarring and risks don't seem worth it to me.

And randa85, I hope you come to a safe decision and get the results you want. I'm only 21 and the breastfeeding factor has discouraged me as well so I can sympathise with you there.
|

replied July 19th, 2007
Breast Reduction And Lift
I've been waiting a LONG time to get this done and my surgery date is Sept. 10th!!! I couldn't be more excited and relieved. I have many friends that have had reductions and it has dramatically changed their lives. Here the KEY to success: A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON!!! RESEARCH and go by word of mouth if it's positive. Almost anyone can do plastic surgery and you really do need to research their history like: where did they to school and for how many years for that specialty. 9 years is a great start!
Also, do they do volunteer work or do so many free surgeries a year? DO they perform corrective surgeries for kids who desperately need to have their face rebuilt from a disorder. Does the surgeon help people with cancer reconstruction?? This will tell you that the surgeon is respected and experienced.
Read ALL that you can on the surgeon you choose, then make the appt and decide if you liked the surgeons bedside manner. Take your time in the office visit. THIS VISIT IS ABOUT YOU!!

more later...just wanted to throw my two cents in for now.
|

replied June 20th, 2014
you are still young i will suggest you not to have surgery
|