Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

a Question For Whoever May Know

Not a debate actually a question.

I noticed in the support forum someone was arguing over the selling of aborted fetus and body parts.

Okay in my college anatomy class we were taken to a laboratory around mid semester (when we were studying fetal anatomy). In the lab there were 10 jars lined up on the table. Each one bigger than the first. 1-9 were all the stages of fetal development. In jar 10 there was a fetus around 4-5 months gest. With anencephaly. These were not fake, not plastic or anything they were actual specimens. How do they obtain them? Can people who abort sign a release to have their fetus bought/sold?

Just a question.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 30th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
They steal them m2t they don't needconsent.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2005
Community Volunteer
???? I have no idea. I know here in montreal most of the hosps are teaching hosps and when I had my last miscarriage, I told them I had just passed a huge clot and they actually went and took it from the toilet to study it. Don't know if it's the same kind of thing but?
|

replied May 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
They might do that, but it's most likely only for study reasons. I don't think they would sell them to just anybody.. Like the chinese food place down the street...
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2005
Community Volunteer
bd1012 wrote:
they might do that, but it's most likely only for study reasons. I don't think they would sell them to just anybody.. Like the chinese food place down the street...

ew!!! Brandy!!!! Lmao
|

replied May 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Most of the fetus-in-a-jar speciments in the biology/medical labs are 50-100 years old.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2005
Community Volunteer
steen wrote:
most of the fetus-in-a-jar speciments in the biology/medical labs are 50-100 years old.

so they were allowed taking them back then?
|

replied May 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Back then, there weren't much informed concent or anything. If the doctor made an order, everybody jumped.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Ya I guess. Things were a lot diff back then. It's like the whole stem cell thing. I figure if these aborted fetus's are just gonna be dumped in a garbage (well wherever they dump them) then why not use them for research to better other people's lives. I mean we're allowed donating our organs so why not our fetus'. It should be up to the woman if she wants to donate it to science right?.

I hope I made this clear.Lol
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2005
Community Volunteer
pcforme wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
it should be up to the woman if she wants to donate it to science right?.

exactly. And for a president that is so against stem cell research, he has no problem with the embroys being made in the first place.

i live in canada so I have no probs saying this: bush is a m.O.R.O.N! For more than one thing :d
|

replied May 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
All together now... :lol:
|

replied May 31st, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
steen wrote:
most of the fetus-in-a-jar speciments in the biology/medical labs are 50-100 years old.

sorry I can prove that statement wrong at least here in the u.K.

Here in the u.K I have had a private battle against this it is not only terminated baby;s/fetuses that are stolen and abused in this fashion it is also stillborns and miscarried babies there has even been cases of adults bodies being taken and I personaly know of a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 5 year old girl that have been stolen from their parents post death.

Http://www.Stockportexpress.Co.Uk/news/s/1 0/10388_mums_organ_scandal_battle.Html

http://www.Organretention.Org/news5.Htm

http://www.Official-documents.Co.Uk/reps/i saacs00/isaacs30.Htm

http://uk.Geocities.Com/pity2uk/html/almil .Htm

sorry the links need decapitalising.
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2005
Community Volunteer
jlee77 wrote:
i have to say this:

bush is a genius.

Lol-sorry, had to say it for you bush haters!!!!! ;o)

nooooooo jlee!!!! Lol
|

replied May 31st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I know that full grown human bodies can either by donated or sold to studies, so technically they are "bought." I don't see why fetuses wouldn't be the same in certain instances, but that is only an opinion.
|