People with primary (essential) high blood pressure usually do not have any symptoms. Most people with high blood pressure feel fine and only find out they have high blood pressure during a routine examination or a doctor visit for another problem.

Very severe high blood pressure (stage 2), especially malignant high blood pressure (hypertensive crisis), may cause:

headaches, especially pulsating headaches behind the eyes that occur early in the morning.
Visual disturbances.
Nausea and vomiting.
Over time, untreated high blood pressure can damage organs, such as the heart, kidneys, or eyes. This may lead to:

chest pain (angina), heart attack, or heart failure.
Stroke.
Kidney (renal) failure.
Peripheral arterial disease.
Eye damage (retinopathy).
Abnormal heartbeat.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Good info!
|

replied July 31st, 2008
I was told about 5 years ago that I had Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) but I have to believe that it is BP related. Some say its caused by a lack of blood flow to your ears.
What does metaprolol do? I slows your heart and decreases your circulation.
|
Must Read
High blood pressure is often called the "silent killer" and can cause a number of medical problems. But what is hypertension? And what types do doctors define?...
Hypertension can be caused by a number of underlying medical conditions. Which ones? Are you at risk of developing high blood pressure?...
High blood pressure often manifests no symptoms, but can seriously damage the body. So how can you tell if you're experiencing hypertension, or not? More here....