Hi there everyone just joined up,i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.During last 18months I have been experiencing strange symptoms at night and am wondering if they could be sleep related.The majority have happened just as I was about to drop off to sleep when all of a sudden my brain feels as though it gets scrambled all over the place for 2 or 3 seconds(like an electric brain zap) then it immediately stops although I feel really shaken(i am totally aware of what has happened).Also had quite a few times when I have literally woke up like a bolt out of the blue feeling as though something terrible has just happened and feeling really shaken again this always happens within first hour of going to sleep.Does this sound like seizures or some other sleep related phenomonen ,any info much appreciated,paolo.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Sometiems when I am sleeing, I feel that my whole body jerks for a second and then everything is normal...Is this what you mean?
|

replied May 30th, 2005
My Guess
My guess would be that it would be either some from of sleep paralysis, or its a sleep start. Look at www.Nightterrors.Org/parasomnia.Html I find it a very helpful website. I hope I helped in some way.
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Paolo2134, I just had to respond to you..

A few years back now I had some terrifying experiences.. In my sleep I would feel as though someone was giving my brain an electric shock and sometimes shocking my whole entire body. I felt like my brain was being scrambled! On top of this I woke up immediately (usually during the early hours of the morning 1am-4am) at which point I was paralysed and saw figures marching up and down the foot of my bed! This happened regularly I thought I was going crazy or getting zapped by aliens or ghosts in my new flat. It was extremely scary. This went on for months, but seem to subside when I moved flats. Now I just suffer from narcoleptic symptoms (daytime drowsiness) that I feel have come about from chronic long-term insomnia. It has affected all the relationships in my life and has made me consumed thinking about sleeping all the time. I cannot go out on the weekends as it makes mondays even harder (if that is possible) I have lost my libido and passion for life. I think what you have been suffering from is narcoleptic symptoms, but if you don't get the daytime drowsiness it may just be sleep paralysis. Surely somebody out there can help us all as we are all suffering a hidden burden.
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Paolo2134, I just had to respond to you..

A few years back now I had some terrifying experiences.. In my sleep I would feel as though someone was giving my brain an electric shock and sometimes shocking my whole entire body. I felt like my brain was being scrambled! On top of this I woke up immediately (usually during the early hours of the morning 1am-4am) at which point I was paralysed and saw figures marching up and down the foot of my bed! This happened regularly I thought I was going crazy or getting zapped by aliens or ghosts in my new flat. It was extremely scary. This went on for months, but seem to subside when I moved flats. Now I just suffer from narcoleptic symptoms (daytime drowsiness) that I feel have come about from chronic long-term insomnia. It has affected all the relationships in my life and has made me consumed thinking about sleeping all the time. I cannot go out on the weekends as it makes mondays even harder (if that is possible) I have lost my libido and passion for life. I think what you have been suffering from is narcoleptic symptoms, but if you don't get the daytime drowsiness it may just be sleep paralysis. Surely somebody out there can help us all as we are all suffering a hidden burden.
|