I'm 17, and I lose a lot of hair due to stress... But whenever it's time of the month, I lose a lot more hair? Is this normal? I run my hands thru. My hair... Not pulling hard at it.. And a big handful comes off. I also have cramps that are so bad that I have to sit down.. Otherwise I feel so much pain that I would pby pass out... Any help/suggestions is appreciated.. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 1st, 2005
I started my periods when I was 12 years old and I used to get so ill with them that I would as you said have to sit down or lay down in bed as the pain was too much I used to vomit and be very dizzy to the stage where I would be walking and have to just sit down where I was then and there and my flow was very heavy I also had loss of hair.
My doctor put me on the pill when I was 14 and that really helped I still suffered bad periods until I was approx 18 but they were alot better than before I started the pill.

I still to today lose hair and i'm now 26 it's just hormones so I have been told by my doctor.

I hope this has helped you in some way.
Sharmain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....