Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

New Here--daily Intake Smoothie ???

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Hi everyone,

i am severely underweight, so much so that my bones/muscles/butt hurts. I don't have an ed in that I see the damage and know i'm not fat. It's just that for so long I pushed food away. I would like to gain weight, as I am no longer pushing away food.

My questions are this:

1. Is there a method to make a smoothie with all the daily intake someone needs in every nutrient plus made it calorie rich? How many calories? And, i'm not only going to down smoothies for meals, it's in addition to to change things up a bit.

2. My nutritionist said I need to consume 1800 calories. I don't even make it to 1000. It's pretty bad. Well, I don't like to eat much. Are there any strategies? I am 22 years old/90 lbs. And 5'6.

I enjoy soy, preferably the powder. I know there is planet life protein powder and whole nectar smoothie mix. Also, I do take a supplement called veglife. Since I have osteoporosis, I have a fear of meat/casein related food items b/c it said it 'could' worsen it. I also take the miacalcin nasal spray and have various heart related diseases which I take medications for that as well.

Thank you.

Last edited by rawegan on May 27th, 2005 09:36 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 27th, 2005
Solid Food
Dear rawegn:

check with your nutritionist; but you really should not try to get all your nourishment through liquids, smoothies, shakes, etc. Your body needs solid food to process certain nutrients and to function correctly. For one instance, if you do not consume solid food at least once a day, your gall bladder can atrophy (become hard and un-yeilding) causing gall stones and possibly requiring surgical removal.

It may be important in your case, due to your heart and osteoporosis problems to speak to a doctor and have the doctor confer with your nutritionist to create the best plan for you.

If it were me, I would also seek out a counselor to find out why I did not like to eat. There may be non-medical issues involved.
|

replied May 27th, 2005
Re: Solid Food
No, no, no...I didn't mean that I wanted to just drink smoothies, I meant in addition to what I eat. That gall bladder thing freaks me out!

Also, I know why I didn't want to eat all ready. I am eating now and working on consuming more. No counselor is needed.

Thank you.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2018
Experienced User
Hi. I wish you a cure. Maybe there are answers in Ayurveda?
|