Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Working Out Every Day

I recently started working out, I am 6'1 160 lbs and dont really want to gain alot of weight. I just want more muscle tone and to be in better shape/feel better.
I love working out and never feel better than after I work everything out.
Is it really bad to work out all of my work groups every day?
I run first and then use the weight machiens and work out my arms, legs, back, abs, and shoulders.
Id really like to do this daily.
What are the downsides?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm no weight trainer or anything but all forms of exercise are good. Just make sure you don't go overboard with exercising. You said you do it everyday so keep to down to aboit 45 min-1 hour.
You're lucky you like working out, I should work out but I just don't. Exercising shouls make you feel better and get you in better shape as you mentioned. Take care and good luck.
|

replied May 30th, 2005
Experienced User
It's not good on your muscles do train them everyday. Running everyday is fine, but I would recommend breaking up your weight lifting routine. Maybe upper body one day, lower the next. When you lift weights, you actually develop small tears in your muscle. When you give it a day to relax, these tears heal and work to build your muscle. If you work your muscles every day, it can lead to damage.
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....