Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Brown Discharge In Late Pregnancy

Hi

my wife is 22 weeks pregnant she have this brown discharge on and off gyne says that she has small ulcer outside the utres which is no cause of concern and the ulcer will go away after the delivery of a baby. Ultra sound and other tests are okay. Other tests are also oaky apart from the fact that she had urine infection for which she was adviced mox. But the brown discharge still occur occassionaly.

Is it a cause of concern ? What can be done about it ? Me and wife are really very worried pls advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2005
Experienced User
That is perfectly normal, I am 37 weeks pregnant and I have the same thing happen to me. If it happens right after she goes to the doctor it is most likely because the doc has nicked that little ulcar in the process of doing and internal exam and it bleed a little. The only time that you should really worrie is when she is bleeding like she has started her period.
|

replied May 25th, 2005
Re Brown Discharge In Late Pregnancy
No she doesnt bleed like in periods but entrobacter is detected in culture test can this cause ulcer ??? I hope all goes well and she delivers a normal baby. The discharge is thin brown in colour
|

replied May 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Most likely she is going to deliver soon. I have a polyp on my cervix and when my doctor does certain tests it bleeds a little, I wouldnt worry too much.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...