I have heard that a baby can drown from drinking to much water is that true with an adult also?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Well I havent heard of that before. Adults cannot drown unless they are fully underwater and cannot get oxygen. Im not sure about babies, but they should not have water until a bit older. Milk is their primary food source, not water.
|

Experienced User
Babies drink milk..So, no.

But I think I know what you are talking about.

An adult can drink themselves to death. That is drink so much water they die. It has happened in a case with an athlete. You can drink so much water that it thins your blood out and basically makes your blood water...You will have more water than blood in your veins.
|

Experienced User
Hey!
I just got a few questions!Im new to this pregnacy thing and I have heard alot of things I shouldnt do like raise my hands far above my head b/c it could cause the babys cord to wrap around him/her.I really dont think that is true but if anyone knows the right answer please let me know!
|

replied November 13th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Hey krista, post this under pregnancy or teen pregnancy. Im not sure on this one. But there are so many women in those forums that will know!!
|

replied November 15th, 2003
minerwater wrote:
babies drink milk..So, no.

But I think I know what you are talking about.

An adult can drink themselves to death. That is drink so much water they die. It has happened in a case with an athlete. You can drink so much water that it thins your blood out and basically makes your blood water...You will have more water than blood in your veins.

you can drink enough water to get a low blood sodium (usually only if you have a psychiatric problem) but you wouldn't "have more water than blood in your veins"
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....