I volonteered to do work today for senior citizens and my lower back aches....Its really sux :( did ne one else have back aching??? Does this mean I could have a misscarriage :'( im really scared.....I hope I dont lose the baby...Its really freakin me out....I read that lower back pain can be a sign of misscarrying,but I havent spotted or anything...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Im really sorry to tell you this but... Back aches are one of the many pleasures of pregnancy! Even when I was in the early stages of my pregnancy my back hurt so bad! My advice is to get an excersize ball and lay on it and roll. Take a hot bath, have hubby rub it or bengay works really well.
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Back ache is your body's way of moving your hips and birthing area around so that when it comes time for the baby to be born and also durring normal growth in the womb things shift to make room and so you are going to continue to have back ache until the birth (most likly) after birth the body will release a hormone called relaxin and all of your connective tissue/tendons will relax and you will actually be very free from pain for a while.

Be prepared to grow at least one full shoe size after birth, your feel will be a part of the wonders of relaxin.

Good luck and dont be afraid to take tylenol for help!
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanx
Thanx..Both of you. Im not sooo worried now..I was so scared..Right now im just laying on my bed watchin lifetime :) I love that channel..Hehe

i even asked my mom "should I go to the doc mom" and she said no and that she had back aches and the most I could probably do is lay down sideways on the bed and put an ice pack on my lower back and take tylonel but if I have spotting then go to the doc but im not spotting, thank god....Thanx again sooo much for the reply u two, I really appreciate it :)
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Back ache is a part of the entire pregnancy!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...