Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Benefits to Giving Birth Also.

User Profile
The pro-choicers here always state that there are more risks to being pregnant and carrying to full term than abortion. Well I have soemthing called von willebrans (it's a bleeding disorder) if I had decided to abort I could have bled to death. Instead I chose to continue on with my pregnancy (it was very much wanted though) I was tested for my bleeding a couple of weeks ago to find out if I would need a hemotologist on hand and guess what? My pregnancy reversed my disease. I don't have it anymore. My doc said it's common during pregnancy for this to be reversed. I have to be tested again 3 months post-partum, but for now am completely healthy! I know this is just 1 thing but there are many benefits to carrying your child also. That's it! :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Benefits to Giving Birth Also.
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
I know this is just 1 thing but there are many benefits to carrying your child also. That's it! :d
yup, just as there are benefits to an abortion as well. :d
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey blaze this is a little off topic but my best friend was diagnosed with that also...She started getting very uncomfortable big knots on her legs...Did you ever have that happen? If so what did you do for the pain. When they act up she's unable to really function for days at a time...

Anyway: yes there are benefits to birth it's not the horrible death trap that pro-choice seems to make it out to be.
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2005
Community Volunteer
steen wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
I know this is just 1 thing but there are many benefits to carrying your child also. That's it! :d

it sure doesn't reverse diseases!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2005
Community Volunteer
mom2trevor wrote:
hey blaze this is a little off topic but my best friend was diagnosed with that also...She started getting very uncomfortable big knots on her legs...Did you ever have that happen? If so what did you do for the pain. When they act up she's unable to really function for days at a time...

Anyway: yes there are benefits to birth it's not the horrible death trap that pro-choice seems to make it out to be.

i never really had that happen to me, I was justa bleeder and a bruiser. I'd get a lil cut and bleed for 1/2 hour. Tell her to tell the doc, there a different types of vw, he might be able to prescribe soemthing for her to get her blood running better so it wouldn't happen.
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
steen wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:

ah, the ignorance and stupid remarks of pl. I is the cure for things like eclampsia, placenta abrupta, congestive heart failure of pregnancy and other life-threatening diseases and will reverse pregnancy-induced diabetes, f.Ex. So your silly remark is also an outright lie. Perhaps you should investigate things before making such stupid, lying claims?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2005
Community Volunteer
steen wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
steen wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:

ah, the ignorance and stupid remarks of pl. I is the cure for things like eclampsia, placenta abrupta, congestive heart failure of pregnancy and other life-threatening diseases and will reverse pregnancy-induced diabetes, f.Ex. So your silly remark is also an outright lie. Perhaps you should investigate things before making such stupid, lying claims?

maybe I should have clarified. Abortion does not reverse pre-existing diseases. I have had vw since birth and now it is gone. All your diseases listed may be caused by pregnancy, and of course will disapear with an abortion, as they were not pre-existing. But there are also pregnancies like mine where everything is absolutely perfect, no high blood pressure, no diabetes, nothing.

Steen even though you can be a pooper scooper sometimes : I absolutely love you compared to pcforme!!! Jsut thought i'd let you know-:)
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Steen I second that emotion respect.
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Oh me too steen, at least you can let us keep our dignity when we disagree with you!
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
To some giving birth is great, to others it is a total nightmare, a total hell, but, I am sure that a lot of you have not seen this as of yet, this is why their needs to be and remain a choice.
Sincerely,
sandy
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...