Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Swollen Lymph Node Due to Changing Deodorants?

Hey all!

I'm a 28 year old 210 lb. Male who recently (about 2 weeks ago) changed deodorants from the usual stick variety to the spray kind (because I had no luck wht the stick kind).

Within the past week, I have noticed a painful spot near my armpit about 2 or 3 inches above my nipple. I can press on it and it is painful, but I really cannot nail down if it is a lymph node. People often say that if you go looking for nodes you will find them, but I have no clue what one would feel like. Other than that I don't have any cracked/broken/or reddened skin under my arm.

Could it be possible that my body has swollen a lymph node or something like that due to me changing deodorants? I've gotten kind of worried about it.

Thanks for any advice!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2008
Lymphnode?
Probably not a lymphnode... they normally dont hurt to touch when they swell unless you push really hard. i have cancer in my lymphnodes and a couple of mine are swollen. if it was your lymphnode it would feel like a hard ball with something squishy around it... something like a bouncy ball i guess...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....