Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Ovarian Cyst And Pregancy????

I was diagnosed with a rather huge cyst on my ovary last year, I have not had the procedure done yet to remove it! After a year of pain.... Now.......I can honestly say that I haven't had any pain. Thank god! I hope it stays that way. My concern is, is it possible to become pregnant with this condition? Does anybody know and if so what are my chances of having a full pregnacy and a healthy baby???? My doctor did tell me that he does not advise me to become prenant for by doing so I will have to terminate the in the middle of my pregancy should I become pregnant........Please someone tell me if they know anything different?

I'am 35 years of age and have been with the same man for 20 years neither one of us was ready to have a child way back when, and now that we are both settled and are ready to do so I feel as though I lost out on my chance to be able to concieve. Please help me

i thank you for your time and consideration
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper BellaBella
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Ok I know that this is not a medical opinion and my answer will be quite immature but I have seen plenty "baby stories" where the mother had a cyst the size of the baby and delivered just fine. Now every one that I have seen the woman had to have a c-section but the baby was perfectly normal. Think of it as if you were having twins. Im not sure what the technical terms of their cysts were and I dont know about yours, but I dont see why you couldnt have a baby. There is this guy that you can pm his sign on is (steen), ask him what he thinks, he knows alot about his kinda stuff.
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Experienced User
I have cysts and when I went to the doctor for a check up after I found out I was pregnant I asked the doctor if the cyst would hurt the baby or cause problems and he said it wouldn't...So im happy bout that. :)
|

replied April 11th, 2009
pcos
i am 25 years old,1year 9month is running of my married life,before marriage my period was regular but after marriage it delaying 2 or 4 days for some month then for a week,12,15,17 days delay.my doctor told that i have pcos she gave me glycomet 850mg daliy once a day
now my periods are regular from 3months.this month before my period i got pregnancy symptom like sore & tender breast and frequent urine.then after passing my date i got negative pregnancy blood test.i was feeling that i am pregnant but no and period started after 10days.so any one can say me how can it be getting pregnancy symptoms and starts period
|

replied April 11th, 2009
with my first child i had cyst i still do and im ttc but no luck so far but i think that the cyst would cuase you to think that u r pregnant all i could say is dnt give up keep tryin until you suceed hun
|

replied April 7th, 2011
I found out i had PCOS in 2007 and i have 6 cysts on each overie, i was put on Metformin twice a day. i fell pregnant in 2008 but it was an Ectopic and had to have my right tube removed, we tried for 2 years to get pregnant again and on 28th Feb i found out I was pregnant. i am 10wks now & praying nothing goes wrong this time as i've also had 2 miscarriges as well. I would get an second opinion hun.
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2016
I think you whether painful or not you should remove the tumor, and if possible, removing it safely first and most natural
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....