I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came back positive.. So the way I figure it is that im about 5 weeks along.. I made a dr's appointment.. But I just cant seem to get comfortable when laying down and im having a very dull achy lower back.. Now this is my second child and I did not feel this way with my first.. My breasts are slightly sore and I feel a little nauseas.. What are some reasons for a false positive.. I mean if it wasnt for the tests I wouldnt know I was pregnant
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 16th, 2005
It sounds like you're pregnant to me. I can't get comfortable when I lay down either and my lower back is sore. And i've had a blood test and i'm definitely pregnant. Congratulations!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Well I went to the dr today.. She did a urine test and a blood hcg.. But she didnt do a hcg level test just to confirm my pregnancy.. Both came back positive.. So I guess that means I defintely am pregnant.. No I guess all I can hope for is that I go to the ob doc and they tell me everything is fine with the baby.. Ive never had a miscarriage and I have a son who is 4..
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Well this is weird.. I know that I am pregnant due to all those positive results.. My breast soreness isnt really the whole breast it seems just to be the nipples from time to time.. I dont really feel to sick to my stomache anymore either.. I really wish my doc would have done a hcg level when I went to see her to confirm the pregnancy so I could get the referral to the ob.. Military spouse here so they do it differently im guessing because I never had to do that with my son.. I dont remember honestly how I felt with my son because it was almost 5 years ago.. So I dont know if this is normal or if something is wrong.. I know every pregnancy isnt the same. Im just so nervous that I will go to the dr whenever they get me in and they will tell me something is wrong.. This is my husbands(my second marriage) first child.. I dont want anything to be wrong because I know how much he wants a child.. I have been looking up online possible reasons for a hcg test to give a false positive but I havent really found anything other than ovarian cancer being a reason.. Sometimes I think I feel pregnant others I dont.. I dont know if the breast soreness and queaziness was all in my head to start with.. Lol I always pee alot so I cant very well count on that to be a symptom.. I know worrying isnt good for me or the baby if I am infact pregnant and nothing is wrong but I just cant help it..I thought by now I would be feeling pregnant atleast.. I figure im about 6-7 weeks now just going by my lmp.. Shouldnt I be feeling something? Shouldnt my tummy start getting atleast a little firm by now.. I dont even remember when that starts.. Oh and from time to time I feel a little flutter in my stomache on both sides im not sure what that is about.. Any comments you ladies have to calm me down would help ';/
|

replied May 18th, 2005
I had the lower back pain in the early weeks of my pregnancy and I didn't feel sick once for the whole nine months. As for the breast pain I too got really sore around the nipples kind of like a really hot feeling.

I didn't really feel pregnant until I had my first scan at twelve weeks and saw my baby on the screen (more like a peanut shape) but none the less a baby and I really felt pregnant when he started kicking which isn't until the 22nd - 25th week of pregnancy.

As for tummy firmness your baby is only 10mm if you are only 7 weeks pregnant so I wouldn't worry about that in fact enjoy the flat tummy while you can!

All your symptoms and non symptoms seem completely normal to me and remember every pregnancy is different.

I hope this helps.
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Well lol I wish I had that flat tummy.. Im a little heavy so I suppose that is why I dont notice the tummy firmness at all yet.. I probably wont feel pregnant till that scan like you said.. Im just so nervous because I didnt think I could have anymore since my right ovary was removed and for 4 years I did not get pregnant again.. But thanks for your help
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Could you be further along than you think? Symptoms dont usually occur that soon? Are you bleeding at all?
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Well im not sure how far along I am since it is possible to have your period while pregnant.. I missed my period in april but every month before that I had my period.. But now no im not bleeding at all.. So I guess that I just have to wait for my first ob visit
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Ok this is making me a bit more nervous than before.. Im not peeing as much as I was.. Its hard telling when my miltary ob doctor will ever get me into his office.. Id like to have a hcg level done to make sure that it is doubling normally..
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...