Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

What causes crohn's disease

I know this isn't reaaly the right forum but I think it's the closest forum I can find does any one out there know what crohn's disease is it's effect is there anything that would make patient (my uncle) feel like living with this the rest of his life he's 72? What causes this? Please help his doc won't give many answers?

Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
wow 2003, ummm, well if your uncle is still kiking he probably knows by now.The doc's really didn't want to give me much answers either, all I know is I take the medication they gave me for crohn's and I'm mostly fine now after two years. In fact it's "cleared up" and I may even be able "to stop the medication soon". I take a drug called Pentasa and it has worked great for me. I noticed that others take some different drugs and have some complaints? not that your likely to read this now anyway
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...