Water.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 11th, 2005
Apart from water
|

replied May 12th, 2005
That's all you need. There's no reason to spend money on expensive energy drinks. You also said in a new post that you're new to exercise and fitness, so I don't see a reason for using a sport drink either.
|

replied May 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Yep. Everything but a ton of water will deter your results.
|

replied June 6th, 2005
It really depends what you are doing. Water is the best thing for you during exercising but if you are going to work out or do continuous activity for a couple of hours it is good to have sports drinks (gatorade, powerade, etc) because they have electrolytes that water does not have. Another good thing to do is to mix water into gatorade/powerade so that way it's better for you cause sports drinks contain a lot of sugar. You don't need to waste your money on the energy drinks (red bull, etc.) they contain what I like to call "false energy" because they are made entirely of sugar. Sugar gives you a boost of energy but just brings you right back down even lower than what you were before that's how they get you to drink so much of it. Just stick to either water, sports drinks, or the water mixed with the sports drinks.
|

replied June 18th, 2005
If you really need an energy drink.. Try not to make it as a daily habit
go with twin's lab sugar free energy drink or diet-turbo tea by abb
|

replied June 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Sports drinks in my opinion are for people who are going to do cardio for more than 2 hours or so.
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
I'll only drink water or xs when I run or work out. Red bull and the like have too much sugar, but xs has no sugar and no carbs, and a couple no caffeine flavors too. It's the only thing i've found that keeps me going without the sugar and even tastes good. The other thing that my friend pointed out to me about xs is that it has crazy amounts of b12 in it for even more energy, something like 49x the 'recommended' daily amount. Not that i've done the crazy b12 shots or anything, but I love the stuff.
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Most people get b12 shots because they have a deficiency because their instesines cant aborb it properly and it causes depression and extreme sloth.
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
While exercising you loose a lot of salt due to sweating. So you need both water and salt. Go for a drink that contains both water and salt or better make a solution at home. Take a glass full of water, add a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt. Thats all you'll need.
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Experienced User
First, red bull is not "false energy" it's not a sugar drink. While it does contain sucrose and glucose for flavouring, you drink it for its all natural medicinal ingredients (taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, etc. Etc...) these types of energy drinks increase your heart rate, your body's thermal temperature slightly, and help increase blood flow and oxygen transport to your muscles and brain helping you become more aware, awake, and have a slightly longer endurance. These drinks are good to have pre-workout, or during the first phase of your workout. If you're strength training the energy will be crucial for your final reps. If you're attempting to lose weight, then the caffeine and taurine will help burn those extra calories too. Just be careful, and use wisely.

Gatorade/poweradre products are simple carbs and contain some electrolytes, really not the most efficeient energy drink for exercising purposes, but great for long endurance activities (i.E. Sports such as soccer or hockey.)

water is always required, this goes without say.. But it's not an energy drink.

Hope this helps,
justin
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....